Mods And The Lack Of Smiting - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Put the firehose away, this isn't an anti-mod flame, it's constructive criticism.

There seems to be a lack of smiting by the mods around here. Maybe I'm odd in wishing that the mods would whip things into shape here, but that's what I think. Too many people get away with too much spam/rule breaking, with only a "please don't do that again". I haven't been here that long, not even a year yet, and I still remember a time when people got banned for things they get a slap on the wrist for now.

I think the fact that the spammers rose up recently and complained a lot about the then-current mod group crippled the mods as a whole. This drove a whole mess of the old guard to retire, whether from the constant abuse or just lack of concern anymore. Now mods have to be nice to prevent the same thing from happening again, an uprising followed by more departures.

Now, I'm not insulting the current mod group. They all do fine jobs as far as I can see, I just feel that there needs to be a bad cop to their good cop. Go to the deepest pits of hell and get a mod who won't back down and doesn't care about the whining the spammers give about "losing their rights" on a forum they don't pay for nor have to use.

(Delete this if it angers any mods, not my intention.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL looks like your talking about Bornindarness as being the Bad Chaos Cop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

You know, now that there's no ranking system, who really cares?

I mean, I'm completely capable of ignoring a post that doesn't have any good content.

It's so much better to ignore someone who doesn't have anything useful to say than to add to their post with a "This is Spam" comment or have some overzealous, God-complex-weilding Moderator bashing people all the time from the safety of their PC. I'm not saying that any Mod, present or former, displays that trait here, but it sure would be an annoying drama fest if somone like that was appointed.

I like things the way they are personally.

I don't know about the rest of you, but my ignore function operates fairly smoothly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x8)

There should be a bad cop to the good cop? Last time I checked Inkie was still mod :rolleyes: .
    Alas, tis something I noticed as well, but meh. People bitch, let em bear the consequences.
    Ze titles yez...
    When in doubt,
    Smite.
    <SilverMane> I would trust BID with my life
    <SilverMane> HEIL BID!
    <Adrian-> BiD is Omnipotent; All Knowing, All Powerful!
    <Scary_Troopers> I see you as an optimist, GT. : D

But what of the midgets!?
    =]Front in favour of Moderation of the Harshest kind.[=

Closed Thread