Question Whats the deal with rep? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Community Leader Roboute Guilliman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    553 (x8)

Whats the deal with rep?

what does the green bars represent?

what does the rep number represent?

what do the rep points represent?

...on another note, what are credits and what are they for? and how do you get them?

Last edited by Roboute Guilliman; January 20th, 2011 at 01:22.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Roboute Guilliman View Post
    what does the green bars represent?
    A graphical display of the rep you have been awarded.
    what does the rep number represent?
    How much rep you give someone when you click the +rep option.
    what do the rep points represent?
    How awesome you are.

...on another note, what are credits and what are they for? and how do you get them?
    IIRC Blackhat is still working on the credit system but they're needed for the RPG apparently.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Community Leader Roboute Guilliman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    553 (x8)

how come some people have i green bar but their rep is like 50? and in "settings" it says "latest reputation received (499 point(s) total)" whats the relationship with that and what the "12" under my avatar?

Ive been here a while now but never made an effort to find out due to a lack of interest but now curiosity has got the better of me
    Last edited by Roboute Guilliman; January 20th, 2011 at 22:33.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

My understanding is that...

The green bar is the reputation you have received from other users.

The number below it is the amount of rep you bestow on someone when you give rep to another user.

That make things a little clearer for you?
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Roboute Guilliman View Post
    how come some people have i green bar but their rep is like 50? and in "settings" it says "latest reputation received (499 point(s) total)" whats the relationship with that and what the "12" under my avatar?

Ive been here a while now but never made an effort to find out due to a lack of interest but now curiosity has got the better of me
    The more green bars you have, the more rep you have. The number underneath that is what's called 'rep power', which is how much rep you give to someone when you rep them. You can't find out exactly how much rep someone has, but you can get a general idea from hovering the mouse over the green bars and reading the little note that comes up. For example, I 'have a brilliant future', which I think means I have between 1500 and 2000 rep points. You 'have reached CDXC', which if I remember my Roman numerals correctly means you have 490.

On the subject of rep power, basically it's calculated by three factors. 1.) You get 1 Rep Power for each 500 posts. 2.) You get 1 Rep Power for each 100 rep points you have. 3.) You get 1 Rep Power for each month you've been signed on to the site, which is where people who've only had 128 posts and only have 1 green bar but still have an inordinately large number there, which basically means that they've been signed up for a long time and thus have a very high rep power despite not having much in the way of activity on the forums.

On a side note, I have noticed people don't seem to be using the rep system anywhere near as much as they used to. Not sure why that is, it might be something to do with the 'like' system that's been introduced, but I'm not really sure.

~ Acarna

7. Likekevin vanrooyen liked this post.
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I still use rep - I also use negative rep for insulting, bigoted or factually incorrect posts, anyone else do this or am I just a bastard? lol
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I don't but that probably owes more to the fact that I can't. Who knows what would happen if I had that power!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    I still use rep - I also use negative rep for insulting, bigoted or factually incorrect posts, anyone else do this or am I just a bastard? lol
    Thats not compleatly true sometimes you give rep for people insulting others who required it
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Very true I do love a good put down
    My Deathwatch Campaign

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    There should no longer be an option for negative rep. It was removed over a year ago.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast