Moved Threads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: Moved Threads

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moved Threads

Can moved threads actually disappear from the forum they have been moved from? Because it is really annoying going into General Discussion expecting to discuss and finding that someone has merely posted a new word or phrase to some topic that don't even belong there.

Or you could lock them once they have been moved?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

When a topic is moved, we can choose to leaves a shadow behind so users will find back even when its moved. If they have disappeared they probably did not leave a shadow behind, but they are still there (somewhere).
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not complaining because they have disappeared, I am complaining because they can still be posted on in the original forum, even after they have been moved. So you can think there is a new rteply in that forum falsely.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

I thought you were redirected when you clicked the forum that was marked as moved
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well,
    the best thing to do would be.

move the post,
    then put up another one with the same name but with MOVED-> at the front, with a link to the origanal post.

then lock that post

i think that would work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Odd Bloke wrote:
    I am complaining because they can still be posted on in the original forum, even after they have been moved.
    If you post a reply to the "moved thread" you will be redirected to the current location for the post. The new post icon will flash in the new location, not in the place where the "Moved thread" is.

I just tried it, posting a reply to the "Fighting Necrons" topic through the "Moved thread" in the Chaos board and the new post icon flashes on the "Tactics and Strategy" board.
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But that topic is moved to the top of the forum it has been moved from, and the posting time is updated, I'm pretty sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah,
    or at least thats what was happening when you guys moved all the story games to the OT board.

and when we replyed to them through the MOVED one,
    the
    MOVED one would go back up the top of the list.
    and it would flash in the general disscussion part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right about that, the "Moved thread" moves to the top of the board its in because the date and time is updated.

But as I see it, this is not a problem at all. All you have to do is ignore the "Moved thread" as this doesn't affect the "new post flashes" or the "new post" little orange icon in front of the post as this shows at the actuall location of the topic.

Then again as these two functions doesn't always work I can understand that it's annoying from time to time.
    Master Belial

'But for corruption thou hast made Belial, an angel of hostility. All his dominions are in darkness, and his purpose is to bring about wickedness and guilt. All the spirits that are associated with him are but angels of destruction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it from experience, never spam, post unrelated threads etc...

Closed Thread