Librarium Online Forums banner

Error/Question: Uploading Pictures?

Other 
3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  VS_Admin 
#1 ·
I wanted to upload a picture along with my fist post but it glitched something awful and I ended up forgoing that part of the post.

Since then, as I have wandered around the site, I have noticed that a lot of posts have broken pictures in them...

What's going on with this and how do we fix it?

#2 ·
Hey Nemo!
For posting pics, you need to have them hosted elsewhere, like PhotoBucket. That probably accounts for all the missing and broken images - depending on how old the post is, people may have deleted the hosted pics, and now it's a "dead" reference, so it shows up busted.

Once you've got them hosted, just right click the hosted pic and "copy image location". When making a post here on LO, click the little 'tree' icon at the top of your post, and that will open a dialogue asking about photos. Paste your link into the box. I also uncheck the option ("reference image on site" or something like that) so that I don't get a little thumbnail at the bottom of the post.

Hope that helps you out. Sorry it didn't work for your into :(

#3 ·
Hey there,

Could you expand on the 'glitched something awful' part? That sounds like something we should maybe look in to!

Are you trying to upload to the forum, or are you linking from another site as CaptainSarathai suggested?
If you're uploading, are you getting any error messages? If so, could you let us know what browsers/platform/device you're using?

As for broken images, if you link a few threads here we can confirm whether those are external links or uploads.

Dayle

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.