distinguished road? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

distinguished road?

that lil green box everyone has under their names in all their posts. i assume it's a bar that's very small at the moment, i also assume it grows depending on how many ppl vote your posts with 'approval', that lil sign between the on/off light and the cross for bad posts. so can anyone confirm or deny my theories on that lil green bar thingy?
    sorry my post is so jumbled, there's a lot i don't know with the new forum, or how to describe it.

that's the thing about perfection, it can only get worse.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

Thats correct. Here is some information quoted from Vbulletins website.
    User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of your user's benefit to your forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of your forum users that choose take part in it.

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content.

User reputation can be a derisive element of your forum so great care should be taken before a decision is made to enable it.

All of the factors that affect a user's reputation score are found in the User Reputation section of the vBulletin Options. Please view that section of the manual for more information on controlling how users are able to affect another user's reputation.
    It will turn red if you have bad reputation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool, thanks.
    is there anything set up to stop someone from just giving someone they don't like, one bad reputation point after another? from someone just going around giving everyone they can find a bad point? or are we all on the honour system here?
    also, does the new format have a spell check?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

Not a spell check yet. I hope the members can be mature enough and not go around just making problems for others, but I dont think the reputation would sink much just because of one member.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

again thanks.
    about that lil cross, it's for a bad post right? but what constitues a bad post? and what happens if we click it? i don't want to be a bother if it sends out something that tells a mod to check in on it.
    today when i tried to add to someones reputation i got a box saing i could only approve, and add to their reputation. do we now only have the option of approving, or did i do something to prompt this, like give out to much bad reputation?
    sorry for all the questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

414 (x8)

Giving out bad reputation points is something only the enhanced members, mods and admins can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what about that lil red cross? on the bottom left.
    sorry for all the questions, would all this be answered at Vbulletins site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

The little red cross is to report inappropriate posts. I.e. ones that break the forum rules. When you click on that cross it sends a message to ALL mods and admins that action may need to be taken on that post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

do we (non-mods/admins) at least get a prompt asking if we really want to report this? if not, i'm kinda freaked out of that thing, very worried i'll accidently click it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

414 (x8)

when clicking it you have to fill out a form before giving the final click

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast