joking merits a bad rep and thread editing? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

joking merits a bad rep and thread editing?

i cracked a light hearted joke in a thread the other day and it was labeled as spam and edited by one of the mods... I wasn't aware that the site was humorless when I had signed up for it.. so don't worry I'll keep to business and pie here from now on. but the reason i made this thread is twofold-

One is to get the operating definition of spamming, every other message board i've posted on has had nothing but appreciation for themed humor in it's threads.. apparently that's considered spam on here. And two, because someone left me a bad rep comment thingy on a joke they probably didn't get, a mod comes along and edits my post, I'm not sore about the fact that my post was edited.. but if anyone doesn't like what I said and they cry wolf and slap me with some king of negative rep does that mean a mod is liable to go and edit whatever i said regardless of my clear intentions? If that's the kind of board that this is I'm not 100% sure I want to stick around.. I can get censored anyplace, I don't need it here, especially when it's unnessecary where there are so many posts riddled with barely comprehendable spelling and grammar that could use the mods attention much more than a simple joke...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

There is nothing wrong with humor in a thread, as long as the post then develops into a worthwile post adding to the conversations. For example, you start off with the joke, and then post an informative response to the thread.

If a mod edited your post then they did so for a reason. The mods we have are well trusted and dont go around editing posts just to **** people off.

+ Reply to Thread