Um...wow... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Um...wow...

Senior Member Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Um...wow...

Hail, this is junior member O'Dev'n reporting.

I was looking through the member list to finally try out this whole "friends list" business, and I noticed that there was 300+ pages! This of course made me happy as I love this site and want it to grow, but there were a few things I noticed.

A) Some very silly names...

Often times, those silly names joined sometime ago and have yet to post...

So I was wondering, are there namign restrictions here for extravagent/pointless names?

Also, do we screen the members list every once and while unsubscribing members that are inactive?

I can understand keeping someone like a moderator around even if they don't post. Heck, even a reguler member that posted before, or even pays despite not posting!

But many of these have joined sometime ago and not posted once. You can still access the site as a guest, so maybe these should be cut...

This isn't out of spite or anything, I just think it undermines the sites authority/integrity when members like !cornholio! or 109822596 haven't ever posted or even visited in sometime are allowed to stay members!

My apologies if this is out of bounds for a member of my stature,

O'Dev'n

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

I agree, kinda. Only members joining like 3+ months ago and that haven't posted in say, 3+ weeks(without giving warning, i.e: "I'll be away for 2 weeks..") should be deleted, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

I have moved this thread to the Site Feedback section of the forum, because this seems a more appropriate place.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon
    So I was wondering, are there namign restrictions here for extravagent/pointless names?
    To my knowledge, only names that are inappropriate or directly offending in some way or other are actually changed or deleted. People can name themselves whatever they feel like, as long as they’re not offending other members.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierced53
    I agree, kinda. Only members joining like 3+ months ago and that haven't posted in say, 3+ weeks(without giving warning, i.e: "I'll be away for 2 weeks..") should be deleted, IMO.
    Perhaps the administrators will go through the list of members and clean it for inactive accounts, but it’s up to them to decide if and when that’s needed. And if they do so, I would think that only accounts with no posts at all should be deleted. In my opinion, everyone who’s posted to the forum even just once should be considered a fully legal member, even if they are temporarily on a hiatus from the Internet. We can’t always know why people sometimes disappear, perhaps because of loss of Internet access or other problems, and it would be a shame if they were to return only to find that their account had been deleted. Three weeks is not a long time to be away from the Internet; a good long holiday, cable problems or financial issues might keep people away for even longer than that.

As for warning about leaving the forum for a period of time, some people might not be aware that they’re about to be unable to access the Internet for whatever reasons, and where would you post such a warning anyway? We don’t currently have a section of the forum dedicated to such posts, and probably won’t have in the future, since such a section would be incredibly spammy.

As for the inactive accounts, I don’t see why they’re really a problem unless they’re actually taking up space from the actual site. But as I said, that’s up to the admins to decide and deal with. Now it has been brought to their attention, at least.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Thank you Grephaun,

O'Dev'n

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

You should be aware that many users that have been away for over a year might have posted but had their posts deleted, taking them down to zero. I know of one poster who has lots over 3000 posts (BID)
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by onlainari
    You should be aware that many users that have been away for over a year might have posted but had their posts deleted, taking them down to zero. I know of one poster who has lots over 3000 posts (BID)
    :eek:

That would make me a sad Shas'o...
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x3)

In order to view some areas of the site, you need to be logged in as a member. As such, there are some people that sign up just to see theseareas without ever feeling that they need to post.

We have no plans to "purge" inactive member accounts, as the work vs gain raition is to imbalanced.

Its not just a case of deleting all those with no posts, we would have to chech each account to see when they last logged on, so that we were not deleting active accounts. Also, the gain to the forum would be minimal (if not detrimental), member accounts take up relitively little little server space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Good to know. Thank you Knape.

See? This is one of the major reasons I love this forum.

Kick. Arse. Mods.

Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon signing off.
    Sig by:Knape, The Celestial, and Marlinspike, thanks guys!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Shas'o Tau Dev'n Kauyon
    Hail, this is junior member O'Dev'n reporting.

My apologies if this is out of bounds for a member of my stature,

O'Dev'n

What! We are all equal here man.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I have been on a few forums that have people with only a few posts, some even 0 posts.
    But I have a solution to the problem. I feel that kicking them off in 3 months is a bit harsh so why not....
    Email those with no or very few posts that have been members for a long time (say 8+ months) about the site and if they still come here or not. But don't say you need to make a post or you're out.
    Hope you like it....Out...
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

+ Reply to Thread