Article Bots Posts - Strange - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Article Bots Posts - Strange

I have found something which appears to be an error on this forum. One of the members, article bot has made numerous posts, I know this because in the article discussion forum he has started up numrous topics. Yet, when you view one of his topics, his post count appears to be 0. Why is this so? It may not matter but it just seems rather confusing.

If your done first, you're the winner.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

He is a bot. Not sure how it works but a few sites have them just to post stuff, but not be a member.:wacko:
    By day he fought with sword and shield.....
    By night he fought with pen and parchment.....
    He was....The Warrior Poet.......

Fear the ANZAC Clan!!!!!

ORDER OF THE SHADOWY FLAME!!!

Do you have uber micro...????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What!!! :w00t: so somewhere out there a computer is making posts for the simple reason of starting conversations.
    I would need a mod/admin to verify that before i believe it!

zeus
    Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan!
    All Bow For The Anime Clan!
    When did I realise I was God?
    Well one day I was praying and I realised...
    I was talking to myself!
    Primarch Of The Iron Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

The Articlebot is indeed a bot and not an actual member. It is used to automatically create a new thread every time someone submits an article, so that members are aware of the new article and can discuss and provide additions to it. I don’t know how it works exactly, such details are the Admins’ area of expertise, but you can be sure that it is a program and not a real member.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Article Bot would be a cool name alright...............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grephaun
    The Articlebot is indeed a bot and not an actual member. It is used to automatically create a new thread every time someone submits an article, so that members are aware of the new article and can discuss and provide additions to it. I don’t know how it works exactly, such details are the Admins’ area of expertise, but you can be sure that it is a program and not a real member.

~Grephaun.
    Well now i've heard everything! :hmm:

zeus
    I was talking to myself!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Grephaun, I was going to add even more rep. for you, but I have to spread the love. So, it won't let me - meaning I'll just comment about it here.

You really are one of the best mods on this site, and I really do hope you keep up the good work. ^_^ I seem to run into you the most in the topics that I visit, and I have yet to have anything bad or negative to say or think. Very, very good stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x4)

When you start a thread, you do not count as posting, so your post count does not go up. Article has only started threads; "he" has never "posted."

Why do artificial constructs have to be referred to as "he"? Look at Cortana from halo.

I think that the Article bot should be renamed and given a personality... it would be a great feature of LO. Blackhat should do something about it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis
    Grephaun, I was going to add even more rep. for you, but I have to spread the love. So, it won't let me - meaning I'll just comment about it here.

You really are one of the best mods on this site, and I really do hope you keep up the good work. ^_^ I seem to run into you the most in the topics that I visit, and I have yet to have anything bad or negative to say or think. Very, very good stuff.
    well well well apparently lost nemesis isn't so hard after all :shifty: (I kid i kid) but i do agree with your post as i too have not had a single problem with any of your posts "Well Done"
    moving on article bot should perhaps be programmed to start topics on up to date issues like the Black Templars!

zeus
    Last edited by Zeus; November 5th, 2005 at 02:04.
    I was talking to myself!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekiel1990
    I think that the Article bot should be renamed and given a personality... it would be a great feature of LO. Blackhat should do something about it...
    What kind of personality do you think it could have? It's nothing more than a script that sits on the backend. When a user submits an article, the script just says "Create a new post in this subforum, and put a link to the article in the post."

There's nothing magical to it. Just a simple bit of coding, really.

Quote Originally Posted by zeus
    moving on article bot should perhaps be programmed to start topics on up to date issues like the Black Templars!
    The problem with that is where does the bot/script get the information from? It requires some kind of input to work, usually in the form of user generated material, such as in the case of an article. A user creates an article, and when they click on the "Submit" button, it creates input to the script that tells it to run.

Getting up to date issues, such as Black Templars, would require either an outside source to pull the information from (and that would probably be a heck load of work), or someone to type of all of said information beforehand, at which point they might as well just post it themselves.

Why do artificial constructs have to be referred to as "he"? Look at Cortana from halo.
    Most likely because of how most languages work - if something is "neuter" (doesn't have a gender) then it's referred to in the male voice. (A language expert could probably explain that much better than I) That's why most inanimate objects are referred to as "He."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast