Can we disable rep in the enhanced forum? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x5)

Can we disable rep in the enhanced forum?

Now, personally I've never repped or repped anyone/been repped negatively for anything they've said in the enhanced forum, but it seems to me that a lot of other people are negatively repping other people for their views on political discussion. To me this just silly, the whole point of the forum is for free discussion, people shouldn't be afraid to put their views forward in case they get people negatively repping them. It's supposed to be a free exchance of ideas. With that in mind, I suggest that we disable negative rep in the enhanced discussion (so some people can still get positively repped if they make a particularly good post), or if that is not possible disable rep in there entirely.

That is all
    Addoran

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I think it should stay available just so you can neg rep people who make comments that do not even attempt to add anything to the conversation. Something like

"America is stupid cause of Bush"

If that is all the person writes then they deserve negative feedback. The hypothetical person who made the above statement really didn't add value to the conversation and just wasted bandwidth and our time for making us read it.

I believe that most people are acting like adults in the enhanced forum. However, if it is a problem the mods should step in and correct the single issue. I don't think we need a blanket change in policy just because 1 or 2 people are abusing the current system.

But who knows, maybe I am wrong and people are handing out negative rep like candy on Halloween night.

Geronimo, look out below. Here comes the brother with the offbeat flow. I just fell from the mother ship.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I think the function should stay in the Enhanced Forum, to be honest.

I understand your point, Addoran, but I don't think the way to get rid of the problem is to take away the function altogether - most of the time, +rep and -rep are given out for good and just reasons in that forum, and in the rest of the forums.

I do think, however, that there should be stricter rules about it; such as, not -repping someone for their view on politics, etc.

However, for example, if someone is being a racist, that's their problem; if they're being one on the forums, and being quite rude about it, I'm going to want to -rep them.

And if someone makes a wonderful post, I'd still want to +rep them.

I think simply it should go like this: if someone believes that the rep they received was received unjustly, or for a simple opinion that someone disagreed with, then they should send a PM to a moderator, who can handle it from there, with a warning, or suspension, or whatever.

And, if it happens too often, that member's Enhanced status could be taken away.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x4)

When you leave a Rep, it defines which user left the rep comment. If the user
    is abusing Rep power, then Reputation should totally be deactivated for them.

Reputation is a privlige and should be used likewise as a reward and should
    be monitored.

I dont know how you'd be able to blow the whistle on the user that violated rep
    but I'm sure we could figure out and keep track of who's repping who.
    -HONORABLE MENTIONS IN BLITZKRIEG PAINTING COMP-
    "THAT I.G. GUY WITH THAT OVERDEVELOPED TRIGGER FINGER"

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I'm pretty sure the mods, or at least the admins, can see the rep given when they want to. Not to mention, all it takes is a quick PM and explanation, and the mods will be on it; they're quite good at what they do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see where your coming from with this Addoran but banning Negative rep. altogether is a bad idea.I know why not only allow mods/supervisers/admins to leave negative rep in the enhanced forum and that way if you don't like a post you can use the Report bad post button to have a mod see if it's worth negative rep.

zeus
    Fear The Wrath Of The ANZAC Clan!
    All Bow For The Anime Clan!
    When did I realise I was God?
    Well one day I was praying and I realised...
    I was talking to myself!
    Primarch Of The Iron Clan

+ Reply to Thread