concerns over the new WFB lay out - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    451 (x8)

concerns over the new WFB lay out

Starting off, this thread is NOT spite at any one and should no be treated that way by anyone this is me pointing out concerns and nothing more.

I just have to talk about the rather awkward (in my opinion) new layout of the WFB list forums. I am just concerned over the fact that it seems very haphazard and awkward in comparison to the previous layout (of which the 40k army lists still follow). I am bringing this up as, even though some of the changes make sense, some of these changes tend to be somewhat disorienting for my part (i can not speak for other members) my main concerns are over the opening posts in army lists with the starting post and how the posters profile has been thrusted to the right rather than the normal left. This would not be such a great problem if it were not for the rest of the thread running counter to this (the user profiles back on the left). The rating system attached to the side however is a big improvement and i back it 100%. My other concern is the independent army list forums them selves. Again they do not run similar to a normal forum counterpart and have blurbs attached. This I can see a lot of sense in but sadly make the forum seem very cluttered and over the top. Again these my concerns i con not vouch for any other members or how they see the changes, they could in fact love them but I’m just making my opinion known nothing more nothing less.

does anyone else have anything to add to this?

Arklite.

Last edited by Arklite; March 11th, 2006 at 23:48.

spambot kill tally: 79

[16:19] <@Alzer> Arky's right though
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> I know he is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> He usually is.
    [16:20] <@Kaiser-> Sometimes it's intentional.
    ----
    [00:01] <+zubus> i love you, ya skirt wearin nothern monkey! ^_^

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    139 (x8)

I can't say I really like it either. Makes the main page look cluttered too, and it will take a while to get used to.

It may change again... There is a bit of a discussion.
    The LO ANZAC Clan!

The Pirate's Haven BFG clan! Breathe life into this fantastic GW system.

Senior Member Dark Lioness HLTB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x2)

Your not the only ones, can't help but notice that it's only served to make the FB fluff forum even less active.

Still I've let some of the Supervisors know of my feelings on the matter, let's hope for an improvement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lioness
    Your not the only ones, can't help but notice that it's only served to make the FB fluff forum even less active.

Still I've let some of the Supervisors know of my feelings on the matter, let's hope for an improvement.
    We could do with some more tables, and before I'm registered that 'Welcome to the ARG:undefined 3' or something message is really annoying, it keeps on coming back!

P.S: Dark Lioness. I know this should really be in a private message, but how did you get so much rep with 149 posts?
    Do you play chess? Join the chess clan! Also part of The Musician Clan

Senior Member Dark Lioness HLTB's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    117 (x2)

Despite my join date I've been around a lot longer than most people. My reputation reflects such.

I’d also like to think my April Fools joke played a part in it.

Was half wondering recently though if the fantasy forum structure needs to be the same as the 40k one. There’s considerably greater overlap with regards to tactics. For example Warhammer has several units that can be used in virtually any army such as the new plastic giant that can be used by the majority of the existing factions.

On which of the many sub-forums would tactics involving that Giant be discussed, hypothetically speaking?

+ Reply to Thread