Problemo. Replies and smileys - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Problemo. Replies and smileys

Okay BH or whoever. I cannot reply to pictures in the gallery. It lets me type, but when I'm done and go to post the message, my message isn't there >.<
    -- Another problem comes when typin ANY replies, for some reason I cannot select smileys. They all appear in the little box to the right bu when I click on them, there is no joy.

Thank-you

Last edited by Dodge; May 20th, 2006 at 04:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

I can’t explain what happens to your messages in the gallery, but the missing smileys I can perhaps offer a solution to. As I understand it, you don’t even see the pop-up window when you click on the smileys, which might be because you have pop-up windows disabled on your computer. Try holding down the ‘ctrl’ key on your keyboard while clicking on the smileys and see if that helps.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

I'm having the same problem in the gallery. I write a message and click 'Post Reply'. When the screen updates there is no new post and my message is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel
    I'm having the same problem in the gallery. I write a message and click 'Post Reply'. When the screen updates there is no new post and my message is gone.
    Thats the one^^ must be the *whispers* dreaded lurgy. *cowers*

On that happy note, I shall attempt Grephaun's solution *pokes control key*
    [Static] We have a problem[/Static]

I fear it did not work, thank you anyway Grephaun.

Now, mayhaps I can add a bit more detail. Everything appears hunky dory as it should, all smilies are present and accounted for and the tool bar above. The problem is If I click on them nothing works, no hyperlinks or anything. I suspect 'tis broken, but then I may just be bent.

Allow me to, again. thank thee for thyne valiant efforts.
    Fare thee well
    (Exits)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x2)

I know it is double posting, but this require urgent attention. I need this to be fixed for the chaos project. My link thing and text editing arent workin as well.

And what on earth happened to my sig?!?! It just randomly disappeared.

Please help
    thank-you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

So begins the Apocalypse... Seriously, sounds like your computer is going to self-detonate soon.

And on another note, the gallery posting-function still doesn't work for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Let's try some basic trouble shooting, and I'll see what I can't come up with. I don't promise I'll garner you any results, but can't hurt to try.

What browser are you two using? Have you tried using a different one?

Did it always fail to work? If not, when did it start happening? At the time of your posts?

If it's something new, did you recently update or change something on your computer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

I'm using Mozilla Firefox, latest version. I tried Explorer but I'm getting the same result.

It started happening this friday when I was checking out the gallery and had completed my regular posting-round.

I havn't changed anything on the computer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had this same problem a while back.Knape then PM'ed me back to say posting the same thing in the gallery 5 times would acheive nothing, because the posts have to be moderated before they appear. So im not sure if this is still the case or if its changed, but it doesnt help that no-one or nothing tells you this when you post in the gallery, if this is still the case that they have to be moderated. Youll have to ask someone more superior like Blackhat for confirmation of this though.

Dan
    Think this is good? Rep me and click the star
    <<<<

"You dont start learning until you're stuck or acknowledge your mistakes"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    435 (x6)

Da Mighty Camel, it would seem that the reason your posts in the gallery from the last 24 hours didn’t show up is indeed as Tygra says because they hadn’t yet been validated by a moderator. I checked the Admin CP and validated the lot, then deleted some double-posts to prevent spamming, but your posts should show up in the gallery now.

Tygra, I must admit I wasn’t aware that posts needed to be validated before appearing in the gallery, since I’ve only heard the gallery mods talk about images being validated to ensure a decent quality of the posted photographs, and I agree with you that it is frankly a bit silly that posts need to be validated too. I will take this up with Blackhat.

As for the missing smileys that Dodge mentioned, I still don’t have an answer. Did you actually hold down the ‘ctrl’ key while clicking the link? Not simply press it once? I need to keep mine down for a minimum of five seconds for a blocked pop-up window to open. Or if you use another web browser than MS Explorer, it might be that you need a different key combination. Try manually disconnecting the pop-up window blocker and see if that works.

~Grephaun.
    "Girls are nice and cuddly on the outside, and freaky on the inside." ~ Lost Nemesis.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast