S.p.a.g - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: S.p.a.g

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

S.p.a.g

Spelling And Grammar.

I've read the rules several time regarding this, and it's one of the many aspects of LO that I really like.

But, just as an indication, how seriously do Mods and Supervisors take this, and how seriously should we take this?

Personally, it really gets on my nerves, but I don't want to act like a Mod when I'm not one and I don't want to be a 'grass'.

Any chance for some guidance with regard to this when we come across someone that has blatant disregard for the rules?

Thanks,
    Karmoon.

P.S why do i get a really bad feeling that there's some really bad grammatical/spelling mistakes in my post ^__^;;

LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Back in action! Lord Yossanrion's Avatar
    Canberra, ACT, Australia, reading "Make-Out Paradise."
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    206 (x6)

I generally don't have a major problem with it, as long as it is not netspeak, or is completley lacking in punctuation.

I prefer people to type like me, above, but I'm not that fussy.

this is fine, and isnt any real skin of my back.

however if i really wanted to annoyed lord yossrion i would type like this the whole time no punctuation thingys and this would pretty much go one 4 about anfoer 5 linez

Hope that explains things.

Essentially: You'd have to have very poor spelling and grammer to cross me, but most people don't. And when I warn them, they fix it right up, so its allll good.
    Anzac Clan!
    Final Fantasy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

Given my spelling is attrocious and this is not a site dedicated to "Eats, shoots and leaves", plus the fact that english is not the first language of many posters and many more are very young, I think we have to show leway on the subject. That said, posts need to be understandable, and readable, not everyone understands l33t.

So on a personnal front, if i find posts which are completely illegible or using some bizare sub language I will delete them, if I think someone has tried to answer a question but has messed up their spelling, I will tend to let it slide.
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Uuh, I probably sounded like a total spelling nazi then.
    Naturally, if it's not someone's first language, or they just make a few typos or what not then that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Still, I get the general idea. Thanks a bundle.
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

No problem, I believe the original intent of the rules were to keep everything nice and readable, I also believe we may have spelling nazis in the moderator team, clearly I would be one if I could spell . If someones spelling is persistantly bad the team may well take action, equally if you find someones spelling or grammar annoyingly bad, report it, no one is gonna know except you and the mod that picks up the report, when you report a post you are simply bringing it to a moderators attention, what he does about it is his decision.

PS my other bad habbit is using excessive large sentences as you may have noticed, but I never use a big word when a diminuative one will do.

Chered
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

If I may say though, Cheredanine, you punctuate and your clauses flow smoothley like a velvet child.
    So i didn't even notice your sentences were long.

But I'll try not to play mod from now. So thanks again.
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Yes, I reckon its a balance thing. If a member consistantly displays lousy communication skills and a poor attitude to other members, then he is more likely to run afoul of one of the mods who are sensitive to bad communication.

On the other hand, if someone is trying to add something positve to the forum, answering questions or offfering decent advice but their spelling is letting them down, then I hope our Mods would be more supportive.

People have certainly been strongly advised by Mods, in public, to use spellcheckers. I don't think anyone has actually been banned for any length of time for shoddy communication, but it may be an option. I dare say warning levels have been raised for it though, as an aid to the memory.

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x2)

I really like the rules LO has regarding this subject too... I'm a member of many forums that are almost entirely 12-year-old AIM talk/1337, and needless to say, that's really annoying :l

Just one more thing that makes LO awesome.
    Gloria Imperator, The Firstborn Stand!
    - 2000pts Inquisition, 2000pts Vostroyans, 3000pts Vampire Counts, 1400pts Daemons, [WIP] 2500pts Death Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by The Salmon Thief
    Spot on, mate, spot on.

.. and while i may be overstepping the mark by saying this, I'm quite keen to keep it what way.
    LO Rules

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by The Salmon Thief
    I really like the rules LO has regarding this subject too... I'm a member of many forums that are almost entirely 12-year-old AIM talk/1337, and needless to say, that's really annoying :l

You're just so right. Every other forum I know, people will post and I will ususally not understand a thing. In some forums EVERYBODY on there does not even bother with capital letters, not saying that it is wrong, it's just that there is nobody that will do it. It just shows how dedicated the members are on LO! It's a great forum, the best I know.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

+ Reply to Thread