Armylist Posting Rules Changed? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Armylist Posting Rules Changed?

I was wondering if anyone else has noticed a sudden crackdown on the points values in the armylist section in the Warhammer Fantasy Battles section. I was wondering what the reason for the change was since many of the points values removed were just totals, and you can find the same information on the armylists on the GW site.

Just wondering, not really complaining

-SgtSnipe

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

With GW legal team pouring the internet looking for copyright violations, it's more of a precaution than anything else.

Members should be careful when posting points totals for units, as in a lot of cases some simple division can reveal the points cost of an individual model.

Don't be offended if you find some points costs edited out. I guess the safest way is to refrain from posting points all together, or give your post a quick review before you hit the submit button

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question! Call me silly, but how is posting a total point values of your army a copyright viloation? I personally find some of the posting rules a bit "paranoid". I know GW is a bit protective of thier product. I'm kinda amazed at what I hear/read about the lengths some websites go to prevent the GW laywers from attacking them. Are they really that strict that they even consider a post with stat lines, point value, rule quotes, such a bad copyright infrigement that they would sue over it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xcom
    Call me silly, but how is posting a total point values of your army a copyright viloation?
    Well silly, it's not. It's also not against our rules to do so, so you're free to post the total points value for your army.

What we're most concerned with is the low level costs for things - such as how much a model costs, how much each upgrade costs, etc. Unit level and army level costs are still allowed, and encouraged, so that those helping you with a list can see if you made any mistakes with your points.

Quote Originally Posted by xcom
    Are they really that strict that they even consider a post with stat lines, point value, rule quotes, such a bad copyright infrigement that they would sue over it?
    A single post... probably not. They're not so militant to shut down entire sites due to a single breach of their IP. However, we take the stance of "no posts" so that there's no room for error - if we allow five posts, why not six? If six, why not ten? If ten, why not a hundred? It's just easiest to not allow any breach and be safe about the whole thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Caluin
    What we're most concerned with is the low level costs for things - such as how much a model costs, how much each upgrade costs, etc.
    Such as single chariots Chariots in the Fantasy section.

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Doomthought

+ Reply to Thread