The star child - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The star child

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

The star child

This is just a idea to make it easier to find new posts.

When someone makes a new post you get a star next to the thread letting you know that someone has made a new post.
    Now some threads such as the anime clan have more then 100 posts in them and it would make things easier if you had a choice of clicking on the star and it will take you to the new post
    in that thread.
    If you wanted to see the thread from the start you could still click on the name of that thread.
    This is just something to save time as some people look and take part in a lot of theads at the same time and having the choice of jumping to the new post would save time.

"Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

* sighs*

We already have that system, and have had it for years. Assuming you are using the default LO main forum skin, you will notice in the Last Post column (a fairly strong hint there, one might think...) a little image of a black arrow pointing at a little white square, that actually looks like a page in fact.

Assuming still further that you are allowed use of a mouse, if you float your mouse pointer over that little image for longer than 0.4 of a second, you will see the phrase 'Go to last post' appear. Some might think that this is a very strong hint indeed as to what options are available here.

And if you were to actually click your mouse on that little image SHAZAM! you are taken by the miracle of modern Information Technology to view that very last post. Maybe you have done this in the past and just forgotten, who can say.

Oh, and if you want to look at the first post of a thread, just click on the name of the thread.

All right, so it isn't a little star. Perhaps some 'bright' person had the unfortunate idea that if they made the button actually look like a little page or message it might suggest that pressing it could lead to a page. Ho Hum. No doubt having a little star instead would clear up any confusion as to whether it was a button or what might be obtained by clicking it. Well thanks to your suggestion we will certainly know better next time we come to design a button...

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x4)

Thats a funny way of putting it but i know about that already, when i click on the star it dosnt take me to the latest post.
    All it does is take me to the second post or somewere on the second page but it doesnt take me to the last post made which im guessing its ment to.
    "Hey sarge, this lasgun is heavy. I wish we had something lighter."

FF7: ABOUT RANDOM BATTLES

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

i like the idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Buttons:

Name: First post of the thread
    Page Number: That page of the thread
    Star: First UNREAD post. Basically, the first post since you saw the thread last.
    Paper w/arrow: Very last post of the thread.

Done and Done. Further questions?

In a cave underneath the great mountains gaurding a treassure you'll never find
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I'm with KOS-MOS on this one. And I've said it before. The "Go to first unread post" doesn't work properly. I've several times tried to enter several pages before my last post.

I got a guide to how to make it work but I can't remember it and as far as I remember it didn't worked. At least I still have the problem.
    Dragons do flame.... but only when they are upset or they want to

According to new signature rules my hydra (the only reason for it to be here was to please Caluin) have been removed. But still dragons pwnz hydras anytime

+ Reply to Thread