Rep Power - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rep Power

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x7)

Ok, I'll go straight to the point, I think that when a member joins this site they should already start with 1 rep power, I think that its not right for a new member who wants to give credit to a good post by someone else to not be able to, I mean its fine that they can't neg rep for a while but giving positive rep can't be a bad thing, esspecially in such small ammounts, I've had over 5 new members give me positive rep for good advice or appreciation of ideas but I wasn't able to recieve it because they didn't have any rep power yet.

Also, I think that it should be more difficult to become enhanced, rasing the ammount of rep needed by a large ammount and same with the post count. Also with the other titles, senior member shouldn't start at 250 posts (it did when I last checked) but more like 750 or is 500 at least, junior members should stay so untill 50-75 not 10-20 (or whatever it really is).

All of this is just my opinion. Anyone please post if you disagree, or if you agree too, support is always good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Bogan
    Teno, you are so godlike I almost creamed my pants!
    Tenozuma - The Burninator... I came, I saw, I posted.
    Dark Eldar player.

Feel free to PM if you want any advice or help with anything.
    Assume everything I say has a "what I think" disclaimer.

Hang out with all the other Aussie and NZ members at The ANZAC Clan.
    Need advice, want to talk warhammer or just want a laugh? Come on LO Chat. http://www.librarium-chat.com/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

My thoughts

I know what you're saying here. Becoming enhanced used to be so much harder, it was at 250 and getting rep power took longer - It'd probably work better if you became enhanced on 250 rep even though very many would lose their status - Enhanced is becoming too common now IMO.

Another thing that I'd like to bring up is that I don't think that you should get 1 rep power every 90 days, it should be every 180 instead. People who joined a few years ago and who have posted like 30 times and not really done much get lots, when a really active and helpful member who has not been around too long with lots of rep still does not get as much power as them. And I think that to balance it out, for each 100 reputation you get you should get +2 rep power. It is very hard to get 100.

About the newbies having rep power, I don't think it really matters anyway because 1 rep power isn't going to do much. I know that it means a lot when you start out, but for instance you, Tenozuma, with around 400 rep, aren't gonna really care about 1 reputation. I know that someone has still commited the act of giving you reputation, but just 1 doesn't matter much. Perhaps to counter this problem people with 0-25 posts should not be allowed to give rep at all - or they could, and it actually comes as 1 when they reach 25 posts.

And for the ranks, rather than just having Junior, Member, Senior and Zealot I think that there should be many more. It'd distinguish members easier.

Anyway, those are just my thoughts on this topic seeing as you've brought it up.

And the LO reputation system is so much better than most other forums who get their reputation through posts - members on them just spam for stars!

Good luck,

Hex
    Last edited by Hex; October 22nd, 2006 at 16:23.
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

I totally agree with most of what has been said.

About the newbies having rep power, I don't think it really matters anyway because 1 rep power isn't going to do much. I know that it means a lot when you start out, but for instance you, Tenozuma, with around 400 rep, aren't gonna really care about 1 reputation. I know that someone has still commited the act of giving you reputation, but just 1 doesn't matter much. Perhaps to counter this problem people with 0-25 posts should not be allowed to give rep at all - or they could, and it actually comes as 1 when they reach 25 posts.
    I think you should start out with rep power. I think everyone should be able to give rep, even if they've just made an account and have no posts.

To summarize,
    • Everyone starts out with 1 rep
    • Should be harder to get enhanced - I think it should take 250 reputation points
    • You get a rep power every 180 days, instead of every 90 days

That's all for right now. But overall, I think the main thing that should be changed is making it harder to get enhanced, via the amount of reputation points you must have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Hause- View Post
    I totally agree with most of what has been said.

I think you should start out with rep power. I think everyone should be able to give rep, even if they've just made an account and have no posts.

To summarize,
    • Everyone starts out with 1 rep
    • Should be harder to get enhanced - I think it should take 250 reputation points
    • You get a rep power every 180 days, instead of every 90 days

That's all for right now. But overall, I think the main thing that should be changed is making it harder to get enhanced, via the amount of reputation points you must have.
    To add weight to the argument. I agree with Inquisitor Hause (as usual.. :wacko: )

It should mean something to help the new people rather than pander up to those with a gross amount of rep power.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I agree with the part about it being harder to get enhanced - very much agree - but I'm not so certain about members joining and already getting rep power. Do you want someone with no posts, no reputation, and no time at the forum, being capable of changing the course of the forum (albeit in tiny, tiny chunks)? I don't know about that. I haven't heard any new members complain that they don't have rep power, because if they are deserving of it, they get it rather quickly, anyways.

Honestly, I don't mind when somebody reps me for 0 rep - they can still rep me, even when their power is 0. It counts just the same to me as when reps me with 15 or 20 rep power. It's the thought that really counts, not the actual amount of points, in my book.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Honestly, I don't mind when somebody reps me for 0 rep - they can still rep me, even when their power is 0. It counts just the same to me as when reps me with 15 or 20 rep power. It's the thought that really counts, not the actual amount of points, in my book.
    Heartily agreed. The warm fuzzy feeling of helping someone should be worth more than any amount of stars.

I think overall, the system is ok, it's just open to a couple of.. anomolies that may happen.

A really new person may make one post, be repped by three mods, and become enhanced before he learns not to type 'u' for you.

On the otherhand, an LO regular/veteran may fail to become enhanced because the only people that rep them happen to be people who are new or have negative rep.

Maybe some tweaking might be needed... but i have to say, i think the system isn't atrocious or failing or anything.

by the by, can the mods see when rep is given and to whom and how much etc?
    Or.. is such information classified :shifty:
    LO Rules

Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I'm sure the admins or maybe the super mods can, but I don't think that we normal mods can.

There are very, very few instances when a member that types 'u' would get repped by three mods, though.

I think one of the best ways to really make the system better is to make it more difficult for members to get to "Enhanced." It's a privilege title, and if it's too easy to earn, then you aren't really earning it, are you?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    I think one of the best ways to really make the system better is to make it more difficult for members to get to "Enhanced." It's a privilege title, and if it's too easy to earn, then you aren't really earning it, are you?
    Does that mean 'de-enhancing' some of us who have managed to get it somehow?

:cry:
    LO Rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

77 (x3)

Does that mean 'de-enhancing' some of us who have managed to get it somehow?
    I think they'll either have to de-enhance members who don't meet the new requirements, or everyone that's enhanced, stays enhanced, and the new rules only go for members that havne't reached enhanced yet. (hopefully that made sense...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

Just to show, i agree with this.

I know of one member, who be making one post actually got to enhanced as well.
    IMHO it should be harder to get enhanced.

Believe it, cause its troo!:shifty:

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast