RPG Moderator. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPG Moderator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

RPG Moderator.

This came up in the thread for Star Wars RPG. I think there is a need for some more moderators in the RPG forum. In one instance, there was alot of spam involved, as well as un-needed posts in that thread, and it would have been good to have a mod on hand to sort things out at the time. Don't get me wrong, Yoss is a great moderator, but I feel that the forum needs a moderator that is usually busy in that forum a lot of the time.

That's why I am creating this thread to get the higher-ups opinions on these matters, as well as the normal members, especially those who frequent the RPG area of LO, as they will be most affected. I am personally thinking that the best option for this position is dr_nick22 as he is always there, and always running RPG's or helping out with them.

So what do you all think of this, and is there anyone else do you think might fit the bill?

Quote Originally Posted by Killer Clown
    Aren't we just the popular boy! Your title should read 'stud muffin of LO'!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    79 (x2)

I nomanate Dr Nick. He seems always so helpful, and is on quite often.

(and congrants on your monkey Silver)

-Doom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    100 (x5)

Thank you guys, I am honoured I would be glad to mod the RPG forum if you would have me.

Also, I would like to nominate SilverMane as well, if another mod again is needed. I feel he has made a positive contribution to the RPG forum recently, and I forsee him continuing that in the future. He has been helping out, and assisting with the organisation of the Star Wars thread, which has been much appreciated.
    Last edited by dr_nick22; November 25th, 2006 at 15:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visitor Q View Post
    By the powers I have just made up I, hereby award you with the Signature
    LO's Offical Uber GM
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverMane View Post
    dr_nick you are LO's GMing god!

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Dr Nick is indeed a good choice if another moderator is needed. That said Yoss seems to be doing a fine job, the incident of spamming that occured is probably the only 'bad behaviour' I have seen on the RPG forum. I think it can probably be attributed to tension/excitment building for when the Action thread is going to be posted not to mention having four or five people online at the same time.

So in conclusion dr Nick would be a good moderator but I am not sure another one is needed.
    Last edited by Visitor Q; November 28th, 2006 at 11:44.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

You ask for another mod but I don't see any of you reporting posts. In fact it was Darkreever who reported the Star Wars spam earlier today.

Yoss was on it within a few hours and dealt with the situation by handing out two warnings. So it's not like he doesn't respond if called upon. As long as the more active role players keep an eye out for any dubious activity and report rule infringements, I think Yoss is fine by himself (not to mention the numerous global mods we have)

Just my thoughts on the matter

Ciao

Stonehambey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x5)

Also, if I remember correctly, you need to be around 18 or so to be a mod anyway, so that discounts both silvermane and Dr. Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by The Paint Monkey
    I can't offer anything new here but I just laughed my arse off that LO has an Irish accent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior47 View Post
    Also, if I remember correctly, you need to be around 18 or so to be a mod anyway, so that discounts both silvermane and Dr. Nick.
    You'll see that both Lord Yos and Lost Nemesis are below the standard age.
    And if anyone says they're not good mods then... there'll be trouble.
    I personally think that Dr Nick has the maturity and skill to be a mod.

But as Stone said, we have a good amount of mods at the moment. Just report stuff to them, and they'll clean up.

So it's irrelevant
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x3)

So the general consensus is that it is unneeded at this time? That is okay, just was thinking to throw the idea there. If it is possible can we maybe get a Mod to get an addition of the RPG forum? Just incase.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I'm not totally convinced you guys need a moderator. No offense meant toward any of the "nominees," but that's not how moderators are selected.

Not to mention, as Stone correctly said, nobody seems to be reporting posts... darkreever has reported the only post in the RPG forum that I've been able to see.

I think we have a suitable amount of moderators for most of the areas of the forum. If it's a little slower in some areas, well, that's to be expected - we're a Warhammer forum, after all, not an RPG or video game forum, etc.

Lord Yoss was on the matter and dealt with it appropriately as soon as it came to his attention. I'd recommend that the thread organisers (and other members) in that particular area of the forum start telling people to lay off the spam - in fact, I didn't see (on just a cursory glance in that thread) hardly anyone tell those people to stop spamming. I just saw the reported post, which was correctly done, but did anyone think to ask the members in question to just.. stop?

It's easiest to just PM a moderator with powers in that section, or report the post, if the spam continues. I'd recommend asking the members in question first, though.

I can't see the need for a moderator dedicated to that section only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

101 (x3)

LN helpful as always.

Now that i think of it that was a rather random day, 70 posts in a few hours.
    So i am tending to switch my views after seeing all your opinions. Just one thing,
    is it possible to get maybe one or two moderators to get the RPG forum as a area?
    Just having one might overload him if we keep getting random days, it is just safer
    to have more incase.:rolleyes:

Great to hear all your opinions!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast