Comments on the Privateer Press forum 'renovation' - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Comments on the Privateer Press forum 'renovation'

Now this is likely to be the wrong place, but hey, after about 2 years this'll be my first 'complaint' as it were, so feel free to move it if it needs it.

Now, as glad as I am for the PP forums to get some attention(by members and the LO Admins/Mods) I just feel that the way it is set up now is...clunky.

First theres the inclusion of Hordes and Iron Kingdoms, now Hordes I can understand, with the fact that Hordes and Warmachine are 'interchangeable' as I put it, but I honestly don't think we need a specific Iron Kingdoms Forum, if there would happen to be a question or comment, I feel it would be best to simply have them use a general Privateer Pres discusion forum, it stops it from being missed by the general PP Forum populace as it could be now.

About the actual forum organization for Warmachine/Hordes is very cluttered, Not only is there a Basic Warchine forum, but there is also a Warmachine General Discussion and a Warmachine Tactics & Strategies forums, each of these overlaps the others significantly.

I feel that a system similar to this could work;

-Privateer Press
    ---Warmachine
    -----Tactics and Lists
    ---Hordes
    -----Tactics and Lists

The Privateer Press forum would be used for release info, rumors and general questions about Privateer Press and anything that happens to deal with the Iron Kingdoms RPG while the rest are self explanatory.

I also believe that the Privateer Press forum should have a model chosen from its active members to move the threads into thier proper places because as it stand right now, chances are people will keep using the Forum as it was before the renovation, if only because of the ease it had.

Thanks for you consideration,

Mike

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    414 (x8)

I was just looking at how they set it up at the PP site, then did about the same. I dont see a problem having a IK forum. I was also going to move our PP forum out from the GD so it would be seen easier
    Blackhat's new blog network for terrain crafters!
    www.terraincrafters.com

The Orange Grey Knight MiketehFox's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    196 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhat View Post
    I was just looking at how they set it up at the PP site, then did about the same. I don't see a problem having a IK forum. I was also going to move our PP forum out from the GD so it would be seen easier
    So you'd be giving it a main section like 40K and WFB has?

If so...

Your layout would be something like;

-Privateer Press Section
    ---Warmachine
    -----Warmachine General Discussion
    -----Warmachine Tactics & Strategies
    ---Hordes
    -----Hordes General Discussion
    -----Hordes Tactics & Strategies
    ---Iron Kingdoms

Correct? Seeing as I can't read minds over the Internet, lets just assume I'm right for the purpose of making the PP section better

I would suggest;

-Privateer Press Section
    ---Warmachine (is basically General Discussion)
    -----Warmachine Tactics & Strategies
    ---Hordes (is basically General Discussion)
    -----Hordes Tactics & Strategies
    ---Iron Kingdoms

Cuts down on the overlapping of the forum's uses/topics. Also, at this time I don't see the need for specific Faction forums due do the low population of the PP forums and just the fact it lets us bunch more ideas around, I may not be a master Cryx player, but by comparing lists and such it helps to show flaws and such.

Now, you could have had this planned form the get go, but based on what the PP forums look like now...

So yeah, I just want whats best for the PP forum and its residents.

Mike

+ Reply to Thread