Fat frog ~ 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fat frog ~ 2k

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Fat frog ~ 2k

2 out of 2 for this list so far. Similar to one I saw played by Kich on Lorenz. What do you think?

Fat frog ~ PoDominion & Tepok. Bane head. 2nd Gen. BSB

JSoD

Skink Priest ~ Diadem

16 TG ~ full command, shields

3x 10 Skinks

2x 4 Krox

3 Terradons

2 Salamanders

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played against a lizardmen list v.similar to this and it is NOT pleasant to face. Lore of metal on the slann is particulalrly annoying to play against when you have lots of cavalry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aye its a very strong list. Having no terradon models yet I have not used them myself and there is no more room in my case . Also I prefer a 6x4 block simply for the wider frontage and maintaining the symmetry with the Slann in the center. Cant stand an off center Slann, just looks wrong to me!

Oh and use Plaque of Protection if you are facing war machines! Nothing worse than a cannonball or two turning your Slann to mush!

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

One thing I noticed about this list was that the terradons and salamander units were a bit "meh".

Both units perform excellently in larger numbers but I've found that 3 terradons can crumble to a single round of shooting while the damage caused by 2 salamanders is severely reduced when you roll a misfire. Both units do ok but nothing to shout about. So how does this sound?

I'm going to try dropping the salamanders altogether and bump the terradon unit upto 6. This will give the enemy something to think about, a unit of 6 terradons is nothing to be sniffed at.

This would leave me with 25 points which I could spend on the warbanner for the Slann's unit.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have gone the other way around by dropping the terradons and bumping the sallies up but then again I have little terradon experience and I think either are great solutions to your dilemma.

I have also chosen to add a warbanner to the Temple Guard when I can.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

523 (x8)

I can always try both

I went for the 6 terradons today against a tzeentch daemon list. Went ok, will try different combos in future games see how they work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On paper I'm not a massive fan of Temple Guard (as I've said before) and dropping them to Saurus would save you enough points for the war banner and another Sallie.

However, I'd be interested to hear since you've played it, why you think they're worth that huge (42%) points increase over standard Saurus.

Also, I've decided also that I don't particularly like Terradons. Chameleon Skinks are way better because there's more of them, their shooting is stronger, etc. And they perform a similar role (and are particularly better at killing war machine crew). Or, more Skinks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x2)

I also would have gone for the extra salamanders.....i like them better anyways.

The only problem with this list is that at 2k i have seen approximately 5 or 6 variants of it played with a second generation slann. Its a great list but a little over used recently. As a result i have been playing with an oldblood on carnosaur instead just because 90% lizardmen opponents expect to face a slann and try to cater for it,

Regards
    Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares, your a mile away and you have his shoes!!

Chuck Norris invented water

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree captain. When I play on the tabletop I will either field the Slann list, the fast carnosaur list or the solid saurus blocks with old blood on foot list. Really varies the game and means I cant be catered for.

The temple guard list is absolutely solid. I try and fit in a war banner and banner of prophecy so the unit already has massive combat res, high US and fear. Temple guard are simple better for taking a charge and then hitting back and hitting back hard.

+ Reply to Thread