First try at a 2250 Lizardman list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

First try at a 2250 Lizardman list

This is my first attemt with a lizzardman list and I have decided to make the army led by an oldblood rather than slann. I feel this gives me more points to make my saurus better and hopefuly give me an edge in combat.

Oldblood- light armor, shield, Spawn of Itzl, Spawn of Sotek, Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent, Glyph necklace, Carnosaur

Skink Priest- Lvl. 2, Dispell Scroll
    Skink Priest- Lvl. 2, Dispell Scroll

Saurus Warriors (15)- Full command
    Skink Skirmishers (12)- Scout
    Skink Skirmishers (12)- Scout
    Skink Skirmishers (10)

Saurus Warriors (15)- Full command, Spawn of Sotek
    Saurus Warriors (15)- Full command, Spawn of Quetzel
    Saurus Cav. (- Standard, Music
    Terradons (3)

Salamander Hunting Packs (3)

As a note all Saurus have hand weapon + Shield.

Any comments or questions are welcome. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

12 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

It looks good to my amatuer eye. You might want to include the diadem of power just to give you a little added magical flexibility.

I don't know how useful Sotek will be on your Saurus warriors, mine rarely get to charge but that depends on your opponents and playstyle.

8 Saurus Cavalry seems large, the most you will probably get into combat is 6, that leaves 2 as just to absorb shooting casualties which seems excessive. Personally I take 6 with the BSB and a sword of the hornet. This normally enables them to break a ranked unit they charge from the front (normally not always). Plus it gives them 4 attacks at s5 when they are charged and an additional +1 combat res. However it is costly if they break and run.

+ Reply to Thread