Hi! I'm new here, name's Emil, and I played warhammer some 5 years ago. Played Vampire Counts back then, but got tired since they are to slow and alike. So I went with Lizardmen instead, and this is the army I've come up with. Is it any good?

Saurus Scar-Veterna (153 points)
Great Weapon, Shield, Light Armor (Yes I know that he can't use great weapon and shield, but with 2 points to waste, might as well give him the option)
Blessed Spawning of Quetzl
Bane Head
Aura of Quetzl
Skink Priest (125 points)
Level 2
Dispel Scroll
23 Saurus Warriors (294 points)
Standard Bearer & Musician
14 Skink Skirmishers (84)
Javelin & Shield
13 Skink Skirmishers (7
Javelin & Shield
13 Skink Skirmishers (91)
Blowpipe
Scout
5 Saurus Cavalry (175)

Total: 1000 points.

Pretty simple units, I'm buying the Battalion to get a start (and get back my painting skills before buying something really expensive). The tactic will mainly be pure force, backed up by some skinks. I'll have the Saurus go with the Scar-Veteran with the Skinks as a shield, while using the Cavalry to get some flanking opportunities.

Should I split the saurus into two units of 12?
Also, how many attacks does the Saurus Cavalry have? I've seen people here saying two, but don't the saurus make two attacks and the mount one?

What should I get next? Should I go for salamanders, or maybe kroxigors? More skinks? The skinks do seem great, but isn't it hard to use many, since they are skirmishers and have such short range?