The 2250 horde of Itzakai - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    is a Brother of Arterius Bleyden's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

The 2250 horde of Itzakai

This is the army list I am hoping to enter into the votewar. I think it needs some tweaking but I cant think of what to do. Cheers for your help guys.

Old Blood Itzakai of the Yakato Plains - 463
    Carnosaur ("Barnie the Carnie")
    Sword of Battle (+1 A)
    Light Armour
    Enchanted shield
    Aura of Quetzl
    Spawns of Queztl, Tepoc, Itzl

Skink Priest Mazdali - 115
    Level 1
    2 Dispell Scrolls

Skink Priest Munzdalo - 115
    Level 1
    2 Dispell Scrolls

20 Saurus, Champ and Banner - 264
    15 Saurus, Champ and Banner - 204

11 Skink Scouts -
    10 Skinks -
    10 Skinks -
    15 Skinks -

4 Kroxigor -
    3 Kroxigor -

2 Salamanders -

Points - 2248
    CD - 4
    DD - 5 (plus 4 scrolls)
    Models - 113

My general plan would be to have the main block of Saurus's being the "anvil" with a unit of Kroxigor being the "hammer". The Old Blood and the other unit of Kroxigor will go down one flank and try to work their way along the battle line. The salamanders will protect the other flank. Skink screens and the skink scouts will march-block, kill war machine crews and wizards and try to kill any monsters with poison. Im thinking the scouts skinks go with blowpipes while the meat shields go with javelins.

Its not the most exciting list but I hope that it will do well. Its not the most manouverable but hopefully the sallys and krox can keep off any armoured knights or fast cavalry. i didnt include musicians because I'm presuming that if it is a draw then the saurus can pass a Ld8 test with cold blood.

Let me know what you think.

Best Oxymorons:
    3. Marital Bliss 2. Military Intelligence 1. MICROSOFT WORKS
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

My suggestions:

Old Blood Itzakai of the Yakato Plains - 463
    Carnosaur ("Barnie the Carnie")
    Sword of Battle (+1 A)
    Light Armour
    Enchanted shield
    Aura of Quetzl
    Spawns of Queztl, Tepoc, Itzl
    How about a better magic weapon? I suggest Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent.

Skink Priest Mazdali - 115
    Level 1
    2 Dispell Scrolls

Skink Priest Munzdalo - 115
    Level 1
    2 Dispell Scrolls
    Two scroll caddies are not needed. Drop one.

Then add a BSB and mabye a JSoD.

I preffer MSU saurus but am unlikely to convert you my views so I'll stay quiet.

11 Skink Scouts - 77
    10 Skinks - 60
    10 Skinks - 60
    15 Skinks - 90
    Reduce all unit sizes to 10. Tell us what weapons these will have.

4 Kroxigor - 232
    3 Kroxigor - 174
    Try to find points for an extra Kroxigor to make 2 units of 4.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    My suggestions:

How about a better magic weapon? I suggest Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent.

Two scroll caddies are not needed. Drop one.

Then add a BSB and mabye a JSoD.

I preffer MSU saurus but am unlikely to convert you my views so I'll stay quiet.

Reduce all unit sizes to 10. Tell us what weapons these will have.

Try to find points for an extra Kroxigor to make 2 units of 4.

1. Do you think I can get away with 1 scroll caddy at 2250 points. I just like the fact that with this I am almost immune to magic. Remeber this is for a votewar so I have an advantage if people have magic heavy armies. I might drop a scroll or 2 maybe.

2. the skinks are odd sizes coz they are a good way to eat up extra points.

3. I might drop a scroll or 2. and add krox and Scimitar

This is the slightly altered force of Itzakai

Itzakai - 488
    Carnie
    Scimitar of Sun resplendent
    Enchanted Shield
    Aura of Quetzl
    Light Armour
    Spawns of Itzl, Quetzl and Tepok

Skink Priest Mazdali - 90
    Level 1
    Dispell Scroll

Skink Priest Munzdolo - 90
    Level 1
    Dispell Scroll

10 Skink Scouts - Blowpipes
    11 Skinks - Javelins
    10 Skinks - Javelins
    10 Skinks - Javelins

4 Kroxigor
    4 Kroxigor

2 Salamanders

2250 Points

CD - 4
    DD - 5 (plus 2 scrolls)

Models 109

I decided to keep both mages as If one gets killed then I still have a dispell scroll and some DD. Same tactics as before but my Old Blood has even more power to run through units and the Krox have got more beef.

The skink screens are smaller so hopefully they wont get shot up too quickly.

So what do ya think?
    Best Oxymorons:
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

A new magic army list

I was thinking that I always play magic defense. I never use magic offensively coz I think it costs too many points for a guy that has no armour, cant fight and any spell he does can be countered by a 25 point dispell scroll. But then I play Lizardmen, I have the most powerful wizard in the game. And Ive decided Im gonna use him.

Slann - 590
    2nd Generation
    Battle Standard Bearer
    Plaque of Tepoc
    Divine Plaque of Protection
    Sun Standard of Chotec

Skink Priest - 95
    Level 1
    Cloak of Feathers

15 Saurus
    Champ Banner

15 Saurus
    Champ Banner

10 Skinks - Javelins
    10 Skinks - Javelins
    15 Skinks - Javelins

10 Skinks - Blowpipes
    Scouts

20 Saurus
    Champ Banner
    Sacred Spawning of Tlaztcotl

4 Kroxigor
    4 Kroxigor

2 Salamanders

Points Total - 2251 (will this be allowed? If not Ill just drop a skink)
    PD - 7 (+1 to cast, plus an extra free dice for every spell, of which my slann will know 6, so technically I have 13)
    DD - 5 (with +1 dispell attempts) (plus drain magic)
    Models - 107

The Slann will be in the spawned saurus. He will form the middle of the battle line with the 2 units of 15 saurus either side of it. The Krox will be on one flank and be a bit of a wrecking ball (I plan to charge both units at the same time ) and the Salamanders will guard the other flank of the Saurus and hopefully go after some knights or something.

The skinks will be meat shields, hopefully either dieing or moving out of the way before the Saurus get into battle. THe skinks covering the Krox will hopefully stay alive long enough so that the Krox dont get shot too much. The skink scouts will either go after war machines or if there aren't any then they will march block and get behind units and pepper them with darts. Also if a unit flees and ends up going through the skinks they are automatically destroyed. The skink priest is simply there so it can fly in, zap a unit using telepathy and fly out again.

This at heart is basically the same army. Ive just swapped magic defense and combat for Magic offense. Obviously the Carnie will be missed but just having magic dominance seems so cool!! This army certainly has a lot less punch at the battle line but also its an army that means there should be fewer enemies when the combat does start.

Which list do you think is better?
    Best Oxymorons:
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Here are some thoughts,

1) Diadem can be quite useful if you can squeeze it in, perhaps in place of the sun standard?

2) All your saurus blocks should have musicians

3) I love the two units of 4 krox. I've used them before and they've always done well

4) Not so sure about the 2 sallies, perhaps swap them for a JSoD, they are so useful, esp in a votewar. Then you can use your slann to roll on lore of shadow, and if you don't get unseen lurker or pit of shades it's not so bad as you can use steed on the JSoD!

5) Terradons are useful, even a small unit is a threat. Their hit and run is great for killing enemy mages in units. They will also attract fire at the very least.

I think this is a good list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Stonehambey View Post
    Here are some thoughts,

1) Diadem can be quite useful if you can squeeze it in, perhaps in place of the sun standard?

2) All your saurus blocks should have musicians

3) I love the two units of 4 krox. I've used them before and they've always done well

4) Not so sure about the 2 sallies, perhaps swap them for a JSoD, they are so useful, esp in a votewar. Then you can use your slann to roll on lore of shadow, and if you don't get unseen lurker or pit of shades it's not so bad as you can use steed on the JSoD!

5) Terradons are useful, even a small unit is a threat. Their hit and run is great for killing enemy mages in units. They will also attract fire at the very least.

I think this is a good list
    In response to Stonehambey

1. I do like the diadem, but I think 2nd gen doesnt need much help getting off spells. The extra free dice makes everything so much easier.

2. I dont see the need for musicians. Especially in saurus units. My spawned unit is using the Slanns Ld and the others should be close enough. They have the BSB to re roll tests and using all that they have cold blood so they shouldn't run with an unmodified Ld test. And if that means the opponent gets to stick around one more turn. It means I can kill it some more!!!

3. Krox rule. Simple as.

4. Im a big fan of sallies. Shooting wise they can really protect a flank and they can shoot up regular troops pretty well. My 2 sallies could potentially put on 20 shots on a unit. thats pretty nasty. They are also no slouches in combat as the have enough US to prevent rank bonuses and get flank charges. JSoD would be nice but I would rather have the sallies. I think theyre probably the most underrated Lizzie unit.

5. I just dont like terradons. They die so easily!!! To have any use for them you need around 5 or they all die before they get to attack anyone. They ARE useful for killing mages in units but thats about it in my opinion. And if worse gets to the worst I can charge my skinks (scouts or meat shields) into his unit and direct ALL attacks at the mage. Poison will help kill him off.
    Best Oxymorons:
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bleyden View Post
    5. I just dont like terradons. They die so easily!!! To have any use for them you need around 5 or they all die before they get to attack anyone. They ARE useful for killing mages in units but thats about it in my opinion. And if worse gets to the worst I can charge my skinks (scouts or meat shields) into his unit and direct ALL attacks at the mage. Poison will help kill him off.

Except skinks don't have poisoned melee attacks. You're right about the Terradons; either take a lot (6+) or none. That said, three to four hitting a unit will do a lot of damage. Three S4 attacks each is nothing to sneeze at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Khaim View Post
    Except skinks don't have poisoned melee attacks. You're right about the Terradons; either take a lot (6+) or none. That said, three to four hitting a unit will do a lot of damage. Three S4 attacks each is nothing to sneeze at.
    Grr I forgot about that. Anyway the skinks can attack the mage and hopefully kill him, or at least stop him from casting for a turn.

Another way I can get rid of Wizards in units is use spells such as steal soul. Saying that, a mage really shouldnt be too much of a problem in the magic phase as I should over power it.

I'm just not a fan of terradons. Simple as. Quite likie the models though.

I'm wandering whether I should swap the Cloak of Feathers on the Skink Priest for a Diadem of Power (meaning I can turn the skinks PD into DD) or swap out the Skink priest completely for a JSoD.

hmmmmmmm
    Best Oxymorons:
    Vassal Record 1-2.
    bleyden.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Bleyden View Post
    1. I do like the diadem, but I think 2nd gen doesnt need much help getting off spells. The extra free dice makes everything so much easier.
    Would you rather cast Fiery Blast (8+ to cast, 7+ for a Slann with his handy +1) on 2 dice (58.3% chance of casting) or on 3 dice (takes to long to work out but it's more like 80% I think)

2. I dont see the need for musicians. Especially in saurus units. My spawned unit is using the Slanns Ld and the others should be close enough. They have the BSB to re roll tests and using all that they have cold blood so they shouldn't run with an unmodified Ld test. And if that means the opponent gets to stick around one more turn. It means I can kill it some more!!!
    I agree.

3. Krox rule. Simple as.
    RAWR!!

4. Im a big fan of sallies. Shooting wise they can really protect a flank and they can shoot up regular troops pretty well. My 2 sallies could potentially put on 20 shots on a unit. thats pretty nasty. They are also no slouches in combat as the have enough US to prevent rank bonuses and get flank charges. JSoD would be nice but I would rather have the sallies. I think theyre probably the most underrated Lizzie unit.
    Sallies are one of the most pushed Lizardmen units (look in all the other army list threads and you will probably see people saying the poster should get more sallies unless they already have around 4). But they are still not given their worth. Sallies are almost as good as Kroxigor!

I'm wandering whether I should swap the Cloak of Feathers on the Skink Priest for a Diadem of Power (meaning I can turn the skinks PD into DD) or swap out the Skink priest completely for a JSoD.
    You also want to turn dispel dice into powerdice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry to screw you over.

many of you are mentioning the free dice with incorrect rules.

"every spell cast by the slann..." meaning you have to successfully cast it first.

ex. you are casting comet of cassandora, you use two dice you get 4+5= 9 "Oh, but thats okay you still have the free dice" no, no you don't. you did not cast the spell you attempted to, there's actually a whole thread on this rule.
    Taste the rainbow!
    (Plz don't sue)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast