2250 LM Slann List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 LM Slann List

EDIT: Some points costs have been removed due to GW Copyright. Please read the Army List Posting Rules for rules clarifications. -Spector

4th Gen Slann, BSB
    -Plague of Prot
    -Sun Standard

Scar-Vet, General
    Itzl, Sotek
    -Cold One
    -Glyph Necklace

Scar-Vet
    Huanchi, Sotek
    -Jaguar
    -Amulet of Protection

Skink Priest
    -Dispell Scrollx2

11 Skink Skirm
    Jav, Shield

10 Skink Skirmx2
    Jav, Shield

11 Skink Skirm
    Blowpipe, Scouts

13 Saurusx3
    FC

5 Saurus Cav
    FC
    -Huananchi Banner

4 Krox

I wanted to run a Slann, but I didn't want lose a lot of combat effectiveness. I'm probably a little character heavy and I couldn't get everything in I wanted to (but then again, I rarely do! ). So I have the Slann and the Nike Saurus. I was thinking of putting the Gen. in the calvary and the Slann would be running around on his own. I'm not even running any rares. I think the steg is too expensive to run in a Slann list but I was hoping to get a sal hunting pack in the list. I do like the look of this list, but then I haven't played it yet. One question, Should the small units of Saurus have full command or would those points be better spent elsewhere?

I will try this list and see how it works. Any comments are of course welcome. Thank you.

Last edited by Spector; March 11th, 2008 at 05:20.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

Well, a couple of comments (mostly personal preference). It's my opinion that if you take a Slann you might as well go for the most bang for your buck and get a 2nd Generation Mage Priest.

I would also definitely get a great weapon on your Jaguar Scar-Vet, He is definitely going to get the charge and str7 would guarantee that he splatters anything you send him at (within reason)

Lizardmen also don't really need musicians, cold-blooded makes up for this and lets you save points. I would drop the musicians from your units and possibly the whole command from your Cold One Riders. to save up on points. You could also possible drop a whole saurus unit to make some of the changes I suggested.
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; March 11th, 2008 at 21:27.
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I appreciate your comments, but the list you gave is illegal as the 2nd gen slann takes up an extra hero slot. I really don't want to take a 2nd gen slann. I feel that a 4th gen is enough. I also did not not plan on attaching him to any units. Thats why I gave him the extra ward and anti-shooting banner.

I believe I gave the JSoD a GW and LA, I just forgot to put it in.

I wanted the champ in the CO because I had thought of putting my general in them. Otherwise, he would be on foot as I wouldn't to take any chances with stupidity, even with cold-blooded.

In the Saurus units I was more worried about giving up banners than extra rallying. I was also worried about the units size. I was kinda going for a MSU lizard list. But I have never played that style before. I usually play Orcs and that is definately a horde army.

I was hoping I could trim here and there to come up with the points for maybe two salamanders. But I'm not sure that is going to work.

Again, thank you for your comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

To answer your questions about Saurus units and full command, here is what I would do.

For units of 12 (6x2 formation) - Musician only

For units of 18 (6x3 formation) or 20 (5x4 formation) - Full Command, always

Don't skimp on Full Command for your large units, it is definitely worth it. And a musician is always a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

If you need points however, Musicians are the somewhat less needed with Cold Blooded.

I also dont agree with leaving the slann out alone. Any sort of flyers, scouts, or fast cavalry have a good chance of getting behind your lines and getting at him in CC where his plaque of protection does no good.

As for some additional changes I believe there are only 4 numbers saurus units should ever come in. 12 (6x2), 16 (5x4 with a slann), 18 (6x3), or 20 (5x4). Your units of 13 kind of confuse me.

I wanted the champ in the CO because I had thought of putting my general in them. Otherwise, he would be on foot as I wouldn't to take any chances with stupidity, even with cold-blooded.
    I dont understand, having the champ in the CO doesn't make them any less likely to suffer from stupidity..

Anyways, if you drop all your skink units down to 10, drop a saurus from each unit of 13, drop the amulet of protection, and get rid of the unnecessary command on your saurus units. you could keep the exact same list basically and still fit in 2 salamander packs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks,

What I meant was that if I didn't have a champ in the CO to protect the general, I wouldn't give him a mount and instead put him in a foot unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

131 (x5)

I don't really think the general needs much protecting. Both the Oldblood and Scar Vet are combat beasts, most things need protecting from them . Besides, in a group of cav, you should be able to pick your combats and not charge anything he won't be able to handle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

172 (x7)

I agree wholeheartedly with spector. As long as you pick your fights with your CoR, your Scar-vet should be fine against any other hero's and RnF.

Also, as some extra information, even though the Slann is your BSB, he is still your General.
    Last edited by Phaeron Typhoon; March 11th, 2008 at 21:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see that your right. I would want to protect mages and non-fighty characters. But if by chance I roll stupid, it is possible that I won't get the charge. I just don't like depending on something just to have it fail on me. Better safe, than sorry.

And actually, because my Slann is my BSB, he cannot be my general.
    Last edited by NewPalpatine; March 12th, 2008 at 04:06.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by NewPalpatine View Post
    And actually, because my Slann is my BSB, he cannot be my general.
    Sorry but this is incorrect. The Slann can take the BSB and still be the general (says it right there in the book IIRC), in fact if you run a Slann then he must be the general

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast