2250 pts Lizardmen footslogger - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Spartan Command061's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

2250 pts Lizardmen footslogger

EDIT: Some points costs have been removed due to GW copyright. - Spector

Well heres my 2250 revised/mangled etc. list.

[2250] Lizardmen

(General) Saurus Oldblood – 301pts
    - Blessed Spawning of Quetzl, Blessed Spawning of Tlazcotl Blessed Spawning of Tepok, Aura of Quetzl, Blade of Revered Tzunki, Light Armor, Shield,

(BS Saurus Scar-Veteran – 172pts
    - Blessed Spawning of Tlazcotl, Blessed Spawning of Quetzl, Sword of the Hornet, Light Armour

(JASoD) Saurus Scar-Veteran – 161pts
    - Blessed Spawning of Sotek, Blessed Spawning of Tlazcotl, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Enchanted Shield, Greatweapon, Light Armour,

Skink Priest - 100 points
    - Diadem of Power

(21x) Saurus Warriors – 282pts
    - Full Command

(20x) Saurus Warriors – 270pts
    - Full Command

(11x) Skink Skirmishers
    - Javelins & Shields

(13x) Skink Skirmishers – 91pts
    - Blowpipes, Scouts

(4x) Kroxigors – 252pts
    - Ancient

Stegadon

(20x) Saurus Warriors – 320pts
    - Full Command, Blessed Spawning of Tlazcotl, Blessed Spawning of Quetzl

Total – 2250pts
    Remaining – 0pts
    Dispel Dice – 2+1+1+2(potential) – 4dice (6)
    Power Dice – 2-2(potential) – 2dice (0)

ARMY LIST UPDATE 15/05/08
    Fixed Character costs, fixed JSoD, buffed skink units, added Blessed Spawning of Quetzl to Oldblood (removed sotek),

Basic Tactics: BSB goes with the rare unit of Saurus, and is placed in on the left. The unit of 21 Saurus takes the middle, and is slightly in front of the other two squads, so it will appear as a more desirable bait. The other Saurus squad takes the right and hopefully can stop units hitting the flank of the middle unit. Kroxigor and skink screen take far right, (or opposite chariots) Stegadon advances on left. Scouts go for warmachines, and will probably not be able to do much else if they manage to succeed. The General will go down with the bait squad, unless I can see he will get minced, in which case he will go with the squad on the right. JASOD will almost certainly lurk in the centre, sprinting out break chariots or hopefully slipping past the enemy lines to go wizard/warmachine hunting. Also JASoD will target ethereal creatures.

I’m still toying with the idea of dropping the stegadon and going for a full strength salamander team, to get rid of things like High elf Sword Masters. That or using the points to upgrade the Oldblood to a carnosaur, I love that model so much. (Carnosaur Oldblood is definetly in 3000pts)

Armies I think I will struggle against: Magic heavy lists, lists with big blocks of better infantry, artillery heavy lists.

Comments, improvements (as long as its within the relative theme of the army, I dislike the skink horde and mistrust any magic that isn’t in a weapon.). Too many characters?

Thanks for taking the time to peruse my list and comment. I will update the lsit every now and then based on comments.

TACTICS UPDATE: JSoD hangs with skink screen and launches his attack from there, also he does not engage ethereal creatures.

Last edited by Spartan Command061; May 15th, 2008 at 13:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one problem with your JASoD is that u have 2 enchanted items on him, and you can only have one on a character..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep. Only one enchanted item per character. Checked the rulebook to be sure (there goes that Jaguar Charm and Firefly Frog Venom combo I had in mind).
    Last edited by Nakkai_the_Wanderer; May 12th, 2008 at 02:50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yeah that'd be an awesome combo running through even etheral units with S7 attacks by charging
    W/D/L
    Lizardmen 0/0/0

The Old Ones have not forgotten me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

What??? Oh, thanks for picking that one up guys, i'll go rethink that particular aspect of the list then, but apart from the illegal JASoD is there any other improvements? Now that he is illegal I believe I may have a hard time with ethereal oppenents. I'll rewrite the list tonight.

Also sorry about the points costs still being up, although i thought i removed them.... my bad.

Thanks again guys

EDIT: List has been updated, see red text
    Last edited by Spartan Command061; May 15th, 2008 at 13:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Who are the main armies that you play again?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Well i'm more looking for this list to be a take pretty much all armies list, sorry i should have classified that in the initial post. However, at my club there are dwarves, vampire counts, high elves, dark elves, brettonians, lizardmen, tomb kings, skaven and chaos to name a few, possibly all of them as most of the people have several armies (in both 40k and fantasy for that matter.). Any advice against these oppenents would much appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

I personally would suggest swapping in BSoTepok for BSoTlzacotl. I personally find it more useful, as being ItP is useful against undead, but with cold blooded not as important as it is to other races. Also I personally just feel that Saurus aren't going to whiff that much against skeletons, and the extra DD are going to be very, very useful vs. VC and TK.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think two scroll caddies would defend u better than 1 skink priest with a diadem . . .. especially against magic heavy armies VC and TK especially.

Otherwise i think its a pretty good army . . . Well the rare saurus are going to be pulling 3+ armour saves with 5+ scaly shield and parry so i think they'll do fine.
    W/D/L
    Lizardmen 0/0/0

The Old Ones have not forgotten me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Um which unit/character do suggest swapping BSo Tepok in on? All of them?

Yeah i know two scroll caddies would be better, but i ran out of slots/points, do you think I should drop one of the Scar-vets?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast