2000pts Lizards Vs Tomb Kings - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Lizards Vs Tomb Kings

Ok, so until now I have been playing with my local group with the same (or damn close) army against every opponent. While this has been satisfying in an anti-cheese/fair play kinda way, my wins have been occurring less often than I would like.
    My next games are against Tomb Kings and then Empire. The TK guy is good. He's very tricky with his magic and moves, just like any TK player has to be. I have beaten him once or twice, but he picks apart my standard army.
    So here is my first attempt to come up with a anti-specific army list...

Lizardmen 2000pt army list – Slann and Saurus blocks vs Tomb Kings

Slann – 5th Gen, Standard Bearer, Plaque of Dominion, Blood Statuette of Spite 430

Skink Priest lvl 1 Dispell Scroll x1 90

Saurus Warriors x16 Full Cmd, Spawning of Tlazcotl 242
    Saurus Warriors x18 Full Cmd, Spawning of Tlazcotl 266
    Saurus Warriors x18 Full Cmd, Spawning of Tlazcotl 266

Skinks x10 Javelin and Shield 60
    Skinks x10 Javelin and Shield 60
    Skinks x10 Blowpipes 60
    Skinks x10 Blowpipes, Scouts 70

Kroxigor x3 174

Stegadon 235

Total so far… 1953

The plan is to cover the flanks of the saurus blocks with the steg and krox. Screening with some skinks, scout with others and use a combination of light and heavens magic.

Any ideas and or criticisms are more than welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

What does the guys standard list look like?

Few things:

- Scouting Blowpipe skinks. These are a bane to many TK armies, as if we want to get rid of them you can force us to have to use magic to get a charge on them. And it will be a high priority charge, as if we dont kill them then our lightly armoured units are easy to poison. God forbid you shoot the Hiero! (if you get the chance, take it, no matter if the odds are poor, just do your best to get some poisoned hits)
    Oh, and if you can get them to be a pain whilst also hanging at the edge of terrain, even better (for you )

- Kroxigor. Many TK armies will only have 1 unit od Ushabti, and 4 in that unit at most. They can go toe to toe with one Krox unit, and will get the charge, unless you use a skink screen and shut the TK magic move down, then the Ushabti will fall like dust to the S7 Krox. So, thats one unit... now take another. What do the TK have to counter it? Not a lot unfortunately for us, so with 2 units of 4, each with a Skink screen, charge them simultaneously (within a turn of each other atleast) and our units just crumble to them. Just... watch out for the SSC aiming at them.

Further advice will depend on the TK army construction, so if you know that roughly that would be great (especially Rare choices and Characters).
    Im thinking to suggest Sallies... ill see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The competition...soon to be bones once again...

As to the regular composition of the my friends TKs, he usually takes the following:

Tomb King with Destroyer of eternities and maybe some other junk
    Tomb Prince
    Two liche priests. (Sometimes he mixes this up by taking a high liche priest and a casket instead of the king and having 2 princes)

The heirophant always has the cloak of dunes and heiratic jar. The other will have the staff of ravening to get rid of my skink screens as quickly as possible. Each of the princes/King have a bodyguard unit of 20ish skeletons. He usually has another unit of 20 or so archers that one of the priests lives with and who will reform when I get close. He loves his screaming skull catapult, never leaves home without his 3 ushabti and takes at least one, possibly two scorpions.

He never takes chariots against me (he quite rightly fears the str7 in the army). He'll sometimes take light cavalry, but never heavy. Carrion are a possibility, and I'm pretty sure thinking about it now that he will take the Casket of souls.

He only ever took a giant once, and when he did, he turned up with two of them! I had tried a Kroxigor heavy list and he heard about it before hand, but whenever he knows there will be rank'n'file he wont take them.

King of Librarium's Tombs Phoenix's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    579 (x8)

Hmm.. ok, no chariots. Thats a mistake you can take advantage of. Its alays good to have atleast one unit. Your S7 Krox are easy enough to avoid with magically assisted Chariots, and they make good for going after Sallies... so without them...

Grab 3 Sallies. Not so sure about the Steganon, its a lot of pts and not that grean. A good SSC shot will see it fall. Id say lose it, and maybe even go for 2 units of 2/3 Sallies.

If you have a Slann, he should be atleast 4th gen. Ill look in a bit and find the optimum anti-TK level.

Give the Skink the Diadem, very useful for extra dice. As for a ScarVet, id say go JSoD. Careful of Scorpions and their KB, but he may make a nice cheap semi sacrificial deadly unit. 3rd Skink as a Scroll caddy, though with Slann in there, possibly go for 2 lv2 priests. Spells like rerolling 1's (Great on Krox!) and Thunderbolt are very useful.

Only 3 Ushabti!? Great! Go with 2 unit of 4 Krox then. Skink screens (javelins) and go for a charge on the Ushabti and Skellie units. Against the Skellies, the King should have the Collar given he also has the DoE, so attack him as much as poss, youll kill something. If the Prince has the 4+ ward save, ignore him and just crush the skellies. If not, pound him down too before walking through the skellies.

Scouting Skinks, get 2 units atleast. If anything they will distract Scorps, hopefully put in a few wounds and maybe even prove very useful lol. But they are just an irritation unit.

In all honesty, why the Saurus? Krox hit far faster and far harder. Also the Saurus make a great SSC target. If you keep your lines a bit more spread with small units and Skrmers then its effectiveness becomes very limited.

Back to the Slann for a bit now im looking, go for Protection over Dominion. The Slann should then be viable to use alone, not needed a unit to sit in, improving his manoeuvrability and protection from SSC. A smart TK player will shoot the Krox, then the Slann when the Krox get too close / in combat.
    Hmm, id say drop the Blood Statuette. WHen choosing spells, go for Lores with basic (no.1) spells that are easy to cast Magic Missiles, and pepper the TK with them.
    Oh, and keep him 4th Gen. Done, makes for a nice, ''cheap'' Slann that your game doesn't revolve around, but plays a handy role at distance. ofcourse the enemy doesn't know that lol. Also, if you lose the Saurus (most of them) then as the Slann will be concentrating on ranged damage as the Krox charge forwards (Sallies on the flank, unengaged as he has no Chariots!) then lose the BSB from the Slann too.

With the army kinda sorted, just gonna look at magic for a bit...
    He will have (King combo + Casket) 2 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 2 = 9Pd, and say 2 bound spells too.
    You have 2 + 2 + 1 + 1 + 2 (diadem) = 8Dd, and 2 Scrolls. That should be enough to keep most of the TK spells down.
    If he SoRavs your skinks, it means he can see you and is within 18" of you. Make a call, if your skinks can get close and poison shoot back next turn, throw 2 Ddice at it. He will (should) be aiming to get the SSC to shoot, probably not much you can do about that but shut it down as much as reasonable possible. Watch out for a 1st turn charge on your Slann from the Carrion (Possibly a good reason to keep 10 or so Saurus as a bodyguard for him)
    The Princes and possible banners bound spells will be useless early on, if the Prince is with HW/S/LA skellies atleast.

Wow.. long post, sorry lol. I could go on forever if i dont stop myself now...

+ Reply to Thread