1000 point Southlands army.. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point Southlands army..

Lets begin. I decided to play the lizardman army after seeing the new models for skinks. I fell in love with that model and after purchasing the army book found out that LO AND BEHOLD! there is a rulesset for using an all skink army!!!

So this is what I've quickly slapped together for my skink army, don't forget i'm new to Warhammer fantasy and a few things WILL need to be changed but keep in mind I want 90% or more of my army to be skinks... (All heroes must be skinks as well)

HEROES:

Skink Chief 1: Tepoc, biting blade, steg helm, lgt. armor, shield, javelin
    points 137

Skink chief 2: Tepoc, charm of jag, glyph neclace, lgt armr, shield, blowdart
    points 137

Skink Priest: Tepoc, lvl 1, Diadem of Power, Tailisman of protection
    points 135

CORE:

10x Skink skirmishers. Shortbow, Scouting.
    points 80

10x Skink skirmishers. Shortbow, Scouting.
    Points 80

10x Skink skirmishers. Javelin and Shields.
    points 60

10x Skink skirmishers. Blowdarts.
    points 60.

15x Skink Cohorts. Shields, Musician, Standard,
    points 120

15x Skink Cohorts. Shields, Musician, Standard
    points 120

RARE:

1 Salamander
    points 65

TOTAL POINTS: 994

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have little experience running an all skink army, but I'll give it a try...

Heroes:
    I'm thinking you need to use less points on heroes. 40% of total army points in heroes is way too much. Either drop down to 2 heroes or make them cheaper.

Core:
    Skink Cohorts should probably be in larger numbers. They are weak in close combat and rely on static combat resolution to win.

Nothing wrong with the skirmishers.

Rare:
    Salamanders work best in units of three . You should try to at least run unit of two. With only one salamander you risk loosing all skinks to one unlucky dice throw .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

id combine the 2 cohorts squads to make 1 big squad of 30 this way u got good chance of outnumbering yo foe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

also take out the javelin squad and wid the point saved off a command of cohorts get a nother salamder but still thrive for the 3rd they will do wonders for u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok so I updated the list. Changes are in Bold..

Hows this? playable yet?

HEROES:
    Skink Chief 1: Tepoc, steg helm, lgt. armor, shield, javelin
    points 127

Skink chief 2: glyph neclace, lgt armr, shield, blowdart
    points 97

Skink Priest: Tepoc, lvl 2, Diadem of Power
    points 135

CORE:
    10x Skink skirmishers. Bow, Scouting.
    points 80

10x Skink skirmishers. Bow, Scouting.
    Points 80

10x Skink skirmishers. Blowdarts.
    points 60.

30x Skink Cohorts. Shields, Musician, Standard,
    points 225

RARE:
    3 Salamander
    points 195

TOTAL POINTS: 999

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got a buddy playing a very similar list, personally don't like southlands list.. Seems too much like 40k in fantasy, but I'll play against anything.

First off, what do you plan the 2nd skink chief to accomplish on the battlefield? To me seems a waste of 97 points..

Second, are you using the diadem to pull in more power dice or dispell? It's not a problem I'm just trying to see your playing style.

If you do drop your second chief you have 97 points left, then take 12 scouting blowpipes (84pts) to harass the enemy early on.

Other than that it's pretty good. There's no way that 30 unit can hold it's own if anything semi-hard hit it, but you should be able to wittle anything thats not heavy cav down. I've played against similar and another Lvl 2 with a cloak is dirty, but it just depends on your playing style.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that you mention it lol. I only put him in cause the heros came 2 to a box and I needed 1 to be general so the other was thrown in. Havn't actually played fantasy yet, as I stated in my first post this is my first army. I've heard of a "JSOD" and a "FSOD" but I have no idea what they're referencing but aparently they are really useful..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

A jsod is an old blood with a great weapon and jaguar charm it means jaguar saurus of doom

an fsod is a flying skink of doom basically you give a skink warchief that hing that lets it fly ( I forget its name) and keep it in a unit when u get close enough you fly it to the enemy artillery and let it kill the crew or if playing wood elves charge it into the flank of the glade guard to stop them firing good luck
    P.S you should think about adding some kroxigars or a slann I know you want all skink lords and heroes but they have low leadership and a slann will keep them together) I always wanted to use that smile

+ Reply to Thread