First list, 2250 and Magic Heavy. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First list, 2250 and Magic Heavy.

Starting to get the hang of how these guys work, really liking them. Not sure how effective this list is overall, its just something i threw together at 3 in the morning. Looks pretty effective, and the magic phase is gonna be lots of fun for whoever i'm up agianst.

Here we go.

Lords
    -----
    Slann Mage-Priest: 2nd Generation, BSB, Plaque of Dominion, Divine Plaque of Protection. 585
    -----

Heroes
    -----
    Skink Priest: Diadem of Power, Level 2 Wizard. 135
    -----
    Skink Priest: Diadem of Power, Level 2 Wizard. 135
    -----

Core
    -----
    15 Saurus Warriors: Full Command. 210
    -----
    -----
    -----
    20 Temple Guard: Shields, Musician, Standard Bearer. 245
    -----
    10 Skinks: Blowpipes, Scout. 70
    -----
    10 Skinks: Blowpipes, Scout. 70
    -----

Special
    -----
    3 Terradons.
    -----

Rare
    -----
    2 Salamander Hunting Packs.
    -----

Total Point Cost: 2241

Tactics: The Skinks scout ahead and start mass blowdarting anything i don't like, Terradons hunt anything thats left alone, and the salamanders are there to blast away. The Temple guard stick with the Slann and Generaly just keep it alive and/or finish off weakened infantry. The priests support the Slann and nearby troops, and the Saurus attempt to outflank and kill off anything that comes too close.

Is the list, or more importantly the tactics, any good? To me it seems like it lacks support, a bit too many Core troops. I didn't see anything i could do with those last few points, any advice would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by MindWar View Post
    Frankly, I think you're insane!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x5)

Well, first off, your list is illegal. You cannot have duplicate magic items with the exception of Power Stones and Dispel Scrolls.

I'd suggest dropping one of the priests and adding in a Jaguar Saurus of Doom (JSoD). That would be a Scar vet with a Great Weapon, the Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, and any other gear/Spawning you want to give him (a ward save is always good). He can do almost anything you need him to and is a monster in close combat.

Also, I'd drop 2 of the Saurus blocks and beef the last one up to 20. Between that and the Temple Guard you should have 2 solid anvils. Add in a unit of 4 Kroxigor and a 3rd Sally to your hunting pack. If you still have points over, another unit of Skinks is always good. Make them non-scouting and give them javs/shields to screen for the Krox.

+ Reply to Thread