1500 Fast Lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Fast Lizardmen

So i normally play slow armies with big blocks of rank-and-file troops. So, i decided to try something different. Now read and be amazed... hopefully .

Scar Vet
    -Sword of Might
    -Enchanted Shield
    -Light Armour
    -Spawning of Itzl
    -Spawning of Topek
    -Cold One

Skink Priest
    -2x Dispell Scroll

12x Skinks
    -Scouts

12x Skinks
    -Scouts

13x Skinks

13x Skinks

14x Skinks

5x Saurus Cav
    -Standard and Musician

4x Kroxigors

5x Terradons

3x Salamanders

Total: 1495
    3PD; 4DD; 2 Scrolls

The Scar Vet goes in the Cav unit, and the unit of 14 Skinks are the screen for the Kroxigors.

Comments/ Criticism?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're list looks great, but the only problem for your army will be no units with ranks, so it may be hard to win the combat. I do know that it is a fast paced army, but you may want to include some Saurus, by removing a unit of Skinks and maybe some scrolls. If you don''t want to I completely understand. If not, I would remove the scrolls for more Saurus Calvary or close to another Hero. It looks like a fun list to play.
    The Rep Thumb is to the left of my post, in case you didn't see it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the reply. And yeh, i see what youre saying. But, the problem is saurus warriors move much slower than the rest of the army. But im sure after more test play, i can see what it needs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest concern about this list is the lack of hard hitters. You only have 2 units which can win a combat, the krokos, and the cavalry, an I think that this is not enough. I like terras, but they are weak, and can't win combat (If you go cannon hunting 3 is just as enough as 5 would, and against blocks even from behind, they lose combat probably). I'd suggest to drop 2 terras, one unit of scouting skinks, and something more for 20 points (one dispel scroll for example, or two scouting and one non scouting skink) and buy another 3 krokos, they are worth every point in this list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i cant get anymore kroxigors because i already have 3 special units.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jvic
    (If you go cannon hunting 3 is just as enough as 5 would, and against blocks even from behind, they lose combat probably). I'd suggest to drop 2 terras,
    Thing is though, 3 terradons can be rendered useless by one round of shooting. It's all very well saying that 3 terradons can take out a cannon crew but they have to actually get there first. It's for this reason I like terradons in units of 6-7. They can perform a number of tasks over the length of a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, i might try swapping a unit of skinks for more terradons. but it really depends on who im playing.

+ Reply to Thread