Librarium Online Forums banner

1k List, First Try

466 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  2bad4u 
#1 ·
I am new to Lizardmen and Warhammer Fantasy in general. I have decided to play Lizardmen. I am going to get the Battalion Box set, a Scar-Veteran and a Skink Priest when I first buy stuff. Using just what is in those sets, this is what I have come up with.

Saurus Scar-Veteran
-Light Armour
-Shield
-Blessed Spawning of Topek
-Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent

Skink Priest
-Level 2
-Dispel Scroll (2)

Saurus Warrior (12)
-Standard Bearer
-Musician
[Scar-Veteran joins here]

Saurus Warrior (12)
-Full Command
[Skink Priest joins here if able]

Skink Skirmishers (12)
-Brave
-Blowpipes
-Scouts

Skink Skirmishers (12)
-Brave
-Blowpipes
-Scouts

Saurus Cavalry (5)

Total Points: 998
4 Power Dice, 4 Dispel Dice, 2 Scrolls

there seems to be alot of magic in my area so i took the priest for that reason. Any criticism and advice is welcome.

See less See more
#2 ·
(some of this is c+p from my other reply in similar thread)

Some suggestions;

Give the Scar Veteran a cold one for the extra armour save and mobility, he will add to the punch of the Cold One Riders (CoR). Screen the CoR as they are vulnerable to shooting and such low numbers can easily be damaged. Your scar vet is vulneravble with only a 3+ army save in his current configuration. Drop Tepok and give him a cold one.

Raise the skinks up to 13 as 13 means you need 5 casualties to take a panic rather than 4 when there are 12. Also trying to hide 12 skirmishing skinks can be a problem so drop them down to 10 in number.

If you can find the points give your skink priest the diadem of power. This item is massively beneficial at low points games as it gives you the versatility to either be magically offensive if you dont need your dice to dispel (for example against dwarfs) or you can be very magically defensive against an army that relies on magic (such as vampire counts)

Other ideas include taking a Scar Vet with jaguar charm, light armour, shield, blessed spawning of quetzl and sotek commonly called the Jaguar Saurus of Doom (JSoD) and use Kroxigors instead of CoR. I find 4 Kroxigors is devastating.

A JSoD makes a good caster and war machine hunter so it depends how your opponents use their wizards.

#3 ·
Looks like a good list. The only things I would change is drop the extra level on the Priest and one or two dispel scrolls for another Priest, so if one is killed, you still have some magic resistance and offense. Also, drop 2 Saurus Warriors form one of the regiments of 12 to give the Cold One Riders a Standard to help out Combat Resolution.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.