new 2000pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new 2000pt list

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

new 2000pt list

Hi, this is my first post:

This is a list i've been running to moderate sucess.
    I'd like to hear what I could do to make it better, or any general advice for playing with it.

Here it is:

Saurus oldblood - 330
    - Scimitar of the sun resplendant, Enchanted shield, Aura of Qeutzl
    - Riding a cold one, with light armour, and the blessed spawnings of Itzl, Sotek, and Tepok

Saurus Scar-Veteran - 151
    - Charm of the jaguar warrior
    - Great weapon, light armour, and blessed spawnings of Tepok and Sotek

Skink priet - 100
    - Diadem of power

10 Skinks - ??
    - Javelins and shields

10 skinks - ??
    - Blowpipes

10 skinks - ??
    - Scouts, blowpipes

11 skinks - ??
    - javelins and shields

3 Kroxigor - ??

3 kroxigor - ??

3 terradons - 115
    - Brave

7 Saurus Cavalry - 335
    - Full command#
    - Huanchi's blessed totem

2 Salamander hunting packs - ??

Stegadon - ???

The main asset i've found with this list is its mobility.
    So i've found it fairly forgiving.
    Its also got the unkillable lord...

Any comments much appreciated. (maybe abuse this rep system)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, looks like a list that could win some battles.

Skinks I usually put in units of minimal 13, so they can get an extra casultie the first time they get shot at, before needing to take a panic test. Which they will fail half the time if the general isn't near, as with scouting units.
    But they are also the units I use to get the total points in the army more finely tuned, so the do end up with less on occasion hehe.

I usually find 3 terradons a bit few, as 1 or 2 will always get shot in my games. Also in close combat they don't preform that great with only 3, but then I don't always use them for solely warmachine / lone wiz hunting.
    For that reason if I take terradons it will be 5 models, less is explained above and more is a waste of points and takes up to much room on the table... At least that's how I see it.

For some reason I don't like to field 3 kroxigor in a unit, as we usually got fewer close combat units they have a hard time flanking. And as you'll probebly know they can't take a full sized rank-n-file unit that relies on static combat resolution.
    So if I take krox's it's only 1 unit of 3 or I put 4 of them in a unit and if I got the points the army standard bearer on a cold one with warbanner. That way rank-n-file will be easily disposed of with a front charge... And also cav units will know what power our mighty beasts have, specially if you get the charge... A battle against the DE comes to mind, his cold one knights went stupid and walked into my charge range, hehe, the carnage would shame Khorne...

These are only some tips or what works for me... I think you got a solid grab on the lizardmen so you'll get the most versitile army soon enough with experience. And remember everybody has to lose sometimes or else they won't play you anymore hehe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Cheers for the input.

If i make the changes you suggest it ends up like this:
    (though i've gone for four units of 10 as opposed to three units of 13 skinks, as i prefer this set up. Gives me more units in deployment, before i start laying down the heavy stuff. Also, just want to pump out more units.)

Saurus oldblood - 300
    - sword of might, Enchanted shield, Aura of Qeutzl
    - Riding a cold one, with light armour, and the blessed spawnings of Itzl, Sotek, and Tepok

Saurus Scar-Veteran - 151
    - Charm of the jaguar warrior
    - Great weapon, light armour, and blessed spawnings of Tepok and Sotek

Skink priet - 100
    - Diadem of power

10 Skinks - ??
    - Javelins and shields

10 skinks - ??
    - Scouts, blowpipes

10 skinks - ??
    - javelins and shields

11 skinks - ??
    - blowpipes

4 Kroxigor - ??

3 kroxigor - ??

4 terradons - ??

6 Saurus Cavalry - 280
    - Standard, Musician
    - Huanchi's blessed totem

2 Salamander hunting packs - ??

Stegadon - ???
    Last edited by cakeman; September 19th, 2008 at 13:27. Reason: points were wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The point cost of your old blood is wrong, I guess you forgot to update it... it's 290 by my calculations.

Are you planning to have him join the cold one unit? Cause you shouldn't go more then 7 models wide or it'll take really much out of your movement to wheel...

Have you had much success with Huanchi's blessed totem? Cause I find it a bit expensive for a one use only item, specially as you cav should get the charge most of the time anyway.

Your also 12 points short in your army, you could take some extra skinks or upgrade the sword of might to a sword of striking. That does kinda depend on your enemy's army though, if he has lots of T3 models, like elves, then hitting them is more useful than the extra S. If you're fighting lots of T4 models, like ogres, then keep the sword of might

For a change, you can sometimes try to drop the 3 krox unit and take a Battle Standard Bearer (cold one, light armour, warbanner, blessing?) and put it in the 4 krox unit. With the +3 from the banner, armybanner and warbanner you'll get a nice static combat resolution. Also the extra attacks of the scar-vet won't hurt the outcome hehe.

Much more advice is hard to give as it kinda depends on your style of play and what kind of opponents you usually fight. As you said you wanted a fast army, well that it certainly is. Test it, and then you can always fine tune it for the next battle. Good luck!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Fixed the point thing.

With huanachis blessed totem there are a couple of clever tricks.
    The first is to use a skink screen in front of your cavalry. give you some cover from fire, but then you can march up to just over 1inch away from an enemy unit, and then get to charge.
    People dont think you'll be able to charge them, so they end up in bad positions.

Also if your fighting slow armies, you can use it march into the flank arc of an enemy, and then charge them with the banner.

This has given me much success...

A question about that battle standard.
    Does he really give +3? isn't it just plus +2?
    usually its +1 for war banner, +1 for battle standard bearer and then plus one for the units standard.
    does the Battle standard count as a normal standard and a battle standard?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

D*mn you're right I reread the rules and indeed it's only a +2 as the krox don't have their own banner. Guess it was a rule in the 5th or 6th edition rules... they adjust so many rules in such a fine detail someone will get confused

Still though +2 is nice as well as the extra attacks

+ Reply to Thread