Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hi, I would like to make a competitive slann list and so any comments for improvements would be welcome. I would like it to be good against all armies.
Slann- 2nd generation, bsb, plaque of protection, diadem of power, bane head, warbanner
Scar-veteran- light armour, great weapon, charm of the jaguar warrior, sotek
Skink priest- level 1, dispel scroll
10 x skinks- javelins and shields
10 x skinks- javelins and shields
10 x skinks- blowpipes, scouts
16 x Saurus- full command, tlazcotl
4 x kroxigors
5 x Cold one riders- champion, musician
3 x terradons
3 x salamanders
Total- 2000 points
The slann will go in the saurus unit and the skink priest is just for line of sight.
Thanks for any help.
Looks good. I think I'd swap out Bane Head for the Plaque of Tepok though.
If you give the diadem of power to the skink priest, then you can convert his generated PD to a pool PD, so that the slann can use it As you probably won't cast to many spells with the skink priest.
Looks like a list I would use, though I do find 3 terradons just a bit to few but that's because they always shoot 1 or 2 hehe.
And why do you give the cold one riders a musician but no standard bearer? Simple lack of points or afraid they steal you banner?
I'd don't give cavalry like that standards. You win combat by killing and giving a standard makes them a liability.
cav always need the ability to rally successfully. So the musician is a must. Standard not needed unless it does something special (magic banner or something) Champion probably not needed, if you can, bulk up to 6 strong.
I'd get your saurus oldblood a little more protection. He's only T4, unless he's only going to charge out of a unit, even then I'd get him the enchanted shield or glyph necklace or he could die to a decent stand and shoot.
okay, this is what i think:
1) drop all the champions(from your saurus squad and your cold ones) because the extra 1 attack really doesn't do much and its way to many points throwen away for one attack more.
2) change all the skink units to blowpipes( because i don't really see the "screen" tactic being needed here, which is one of the only times you should use javelins). also, i would scout all my skinks, even if you don't always have the oppurtunity to scout them it's cheap and a great tactic to delay the enemy for more turns of slann magic domination.
3) drop one kroxigor(3 is more then enough as a supporting unit) to free up some points.
4) i am not sure a 2nd generation slann is such a good idea, it's a huge point sink and i think a waste. 4th gen or maximum 3rd gen is what i would aim for.
5) now with all those free points i would put your Scar-vet on a cold one and into your saurus riders unit(this will insure that your cavalry will be able to fight large units and hunt down other heroes with the extra attacks).
6) add another terradon to your terradon unit and maybe upgrade one to a champion because any attck is useful for these birdies, and it's a bargain for only 10 points.
7) lastly i would boast your skink priest to level two, because since you already investes in a slann, you want to totally dominate the magic phase.
other then that it looks all very good, but if you could elaborate on your strategy a little it would help with suggetions.
hope it helps you win and have fun.
If you want your skink priest for line of sight give him cloak of feathers or you could scout him and give him the diadem of power for more slann pd 6 saurus cavelry is very useful as cavelry are more reliant on thier killing power than most other units. get rid of one kroxigor and add to the saurus16 is not enough to protect a general who will give away 910 victory points if killed not including his medium sized body guard( 610 actual cost + 100 for being a general+ 200 for being second gen). I would suggest making the slann 4th gen as it is too much points to spend in 2k but then again a 2nd gen is alot of fun
Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...