My New army For Tournament View Now And Give Feed Back - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My New army For Tournament View Now And Give Feed Back

Oldblood:
    Light Armour, Quetzl, Itzl, Sotek, Blade Of Tzunki, Shield, Cold One, Aura Of Quetzl =322pts

Scar-Vet:
    Light Armour, Quetzl, Itzl, Enchanted Shield, Sword Of Might =160pts

Priest:
    Lvl 2, Diadem Of Power = 135pts

Priest:
    Lvl 2, Staff Of Sorcery =150pts

Saurus Warriors:
    15/ Saurus, Full Command, Hand Weapon & shield, Quetzl
    = 240pts

Saurus Warriors:
    15/ Saurus, Full Command, Hand Weapon & shield, Quetzl
    = 240pts

Skinks:
    13/ Skinks, Brave, Javelins =78 pts

Skinks
    19/ Skinks, Brave, Blowpipes = 137pts

Saurus Cavalry:
    7/ Cavalry, Full Command, War Banner = 320pts

Saurus Cavalry:
    8/ Cavalry, Full Command, War Banner= 355pts

Total= 2000pts
    The Oldblood will go with a unit of Cavalry and the Scar-Veteran with the other. Priest will go with a squad of skinks each.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have only 2 core, quetzl saurus are a special choice.

19 skinks is a massive unit that will only get in your way rather than your opponents, 10-15 is the best way I find to field them. Braves are a waste of points in my opinion.

I think a unit of kroxigor would be better than a unit of cavalry. Krox will give you high str and more wounds and you can join the character in the unit whilst he is on a cold one. If a character doesnt join them they can charge through the screening skinks.

Your magical defence looks fine but my preference would be 2 dispel scrolls rather than the staff of sorcery.

You have a very slow core in the saurus followed by some fast support. A canny opponent will delay the saurus or just ignore them whilst focusing on the faster elements of your army. I dont see much synergy in your list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what country do you come from because maybe you got the new rules or different ones, I am in Australia and the codex says that saurus warriors are core units not special. My army is based like this:

My two saurus unit are blocked by a screen of skinks, Mys saurus are placed on the flanks and move up quickly taking out other units on the flanks the fire power of the enemy and magic will have to go through the skinks first and that usually give me an extra 2 turns in that time the enemy would of already advanced and my saurus would charge the enemy while my cavalry have breached the lines and rear charging the enemy. My priests will be reducing the number of enemy models with Uranus Thunderbolt.

reply to this please with answer

FireLizard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

When you give a unit of saurus warriors a sacred spawning it makes them special 2 will make them rare. On the page opposite the sacred spawnings.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Goliath is correct that the saurus with a spawning are special choices. Also, you can't take two warbanners in the same army.

You also gave you scar-vet itzl but no mount. I assume you forgot to list the cold one. I also agree that 19 skinks is too many, and the braves aren't worth it. And I second the notion of 2 scrolls over the staff.

Your tactics seem fine, though M4 blocks of troops don't often get to charge anything unless playing dwarves.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i did foget to mention that my scar-vet has a cold soz, my tactics usually allow the saurus to charge but it also depends on what army i verse anyway where in the codex and/or rulebook does it say that if u give saurus a spawning they become sa special choice please give feed back and tips on how to improve

FireLizard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It states the units becoming special/rare on the page before the one that discusses the actual spawnings

+ Reply to Thread