New 2000point first list for lizardmen - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

New 2000point first list for lizardmen

Ok I was flicking throught he book and had it to ead over lunch and whatnot so I thought me out a list.

Saurus Oldblood
    blade of Realities, Ench shield

skink priest, lvl 2
    skink priest lvl 2

saurus scar vet BSB spear shield Prophecy banner

Core
    19x saurus full cmd spears (contains BS
    20x saurus full cmd
    20x saurus full cmd

15 skinks (skirmish)
    15 skinks (skirmish)

Special
    14 Templeguard, std mus, (contains Oldblood)

Rare
    1 Barbed Razordon 4 handlers
    1 Barbed Razordon 4 handlers

The setup is pretty simple, symetrical setup with BSB saurus in centre, Templeguard deploy last on one flank to reinforce.

So comments please!

A

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Why are you taking the temple guard if you're not taking a slaan?

i'd split your skink units into 3, and then find room to get more skinks. Dropping the temple guard would give you tons of points to bump up your razordons so that you still have some to shoot when you get into range.

You still have 3 huge blocks of saurus. I'd also try to get the ward save on your general.

Outcast Shinigami thedrifter777's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I agree with the above poster. Suarus are cheaper and do the same job as temple guard so there is no point to bring them if you do not bring a Slaan. Remember, their sacred duty special rule only applies when you have a slaan.

Also in this edition old blood screams to be on a carnosuar.
    "Dare to be Naive"

If someone helps you, or you just like what they say, rep them

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

Righty the temple guard in there is to have a hard hitting unit on foot that can beef up the blocks in the centre. Basiclaly the saurus draw the chargers and the temple guard go in for the kill. The oldblood is on foot as this is a foot army only I did consider a carnosaur but that puts a fifth of my armies points in one model.

A quick question as well, why put the skinks in three units? I can see some sort of logic but wouldnt they then be too small? possibly three untis of ten with two on one flank and hen temple guard on the other flank.

@ drifter I had realise dthat I simply wanted another decent infantry unit that was slightly better than the saurus, also they act as a shield for my general, basically as he is on foot he needs a unti to protect him to get him to where I want him to be. As for giving him the ward save I cant he doesnt have neough points in his magic items due to blade of realities.

As for more skinks, doesnt really fit the fluff to have so many skinks (that'd be another 30 something) they are there more as harrassing units than anything else.

Thanks for the help so far guys

A

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

skinks as skirmishers get in the way of things, poison fastcav, redirect charges, etc. I don't know if you can have too many of them. I'd shoot for 4-5 units of around 50 total. I don't mind not taking the carnosaur. He's a lot of points and can be killed fairly easily if you don't get the charge or the enemy has ASF. But for the price of the (unneeded imo) temple guard, you could get some terradons, more razordons, more skinks, etc.

I don't like the blade of realities, because it is 1. too expensive 2. leaves your general without a wardsave 3. is kind of situational

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

take razordons in units of 3 or not at all in my opinion work way better in packs drop the temple guard because you don't need them. i also agree that u should split up the skink units to make 3 units of 10. they are more effective so when they panic (which they will) you lose less, alos you get to shoot at alot more units, i also agree that the blade of realities should be dropped because it is too expansive for something that will be used for hunting heroes which will be hard at movement 4 and no ward save. Also give your scar vet. and old blood light armour, it is a cheap investment but really helps with armour. It would give your old blood a 1+ armour save. Just my thoughts hope this helps .

+ Reply to Thread