First 2250 list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: First 2250 list

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

First 2250 list

My first attempt at a list using the new rules. Lets see what you think.

Lord:
    Oldblood- LA, Enchanted Shield, Blade of Realities, Cold One

Heroes:
    Scar-Vet- GW, Shield, Hide of the Cold Ones

Skink Priest- Level 2, EotG, Dispel Scroll, Diadem of Power

Skink Priest- Level 2, Dispel Scroll, Plaque of Tepok

Core:
    Saurus Warriors-17(spears) w/SB & Champ
    Saurus Warriors-18(spears)
    Skink Skirmishers-10
    Skink Skirmishers-10

Special:
    Terradon Riders-3
    Saurus Cavalry-5 w/Musician & Champ
    Kroxigors-4

Rare:
    Sallamander-1
    Sallamander-1

The oldblood will go with the cavalry of course. The scar-vet in the naked unit of warriors, the EotG in the other. The skink priest on foot can hide in one of the skirmish units. Well there it is. Rip away.

SirKently

Last edited by sirkently; January 28th, 2009 at 15:30.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    lord:
    Oldblood- la, enchanted shield, blade of realities, cold one i don't like the setup, but you must have a certain opponent in mind. To me, the bor is too situational and relies on the enemy to fail leadership tests after you have to hit, blah, blah, blah, i'd rather just get more attacks and a ward save or the wardrum so you can get into combat more reliably.heroes:
    Scar-vet- gw, shield, hide of the cold ones a bsb would be really handy here. You could put him in with the saurus for a killer combat res unit.

skink priest- level 2, eotg, dispel scroll, diadem of power

skink priest- dispel scroll, plaque of tepoki think this is overkill, or unneeded. You already have defense (unless you play against super magic armies but still)all this guy brings to the table is 1pd 1dd and knowledge of an extra spell he can only throw 2 dice at. I'd think about dropping him for more troops.

core:
    Saurus warriors-17(spears) w/sb & champ
    saurus warriors-18(spears)
    skink skirmishers-10
    skink skirmishers-10

special:
    Terradon riders-3
    saurus cavalry-5 w/musician & champ
    kroxigors-4

rare:i really view these as a one use only kind of thing, situational only. I also really don't see you doing more than 1-2 wounds tops after rolling to hit twice(make the template move and rolling partials) i think you'd have just as much luck using 2more skinkskirmish units and saving yourself 10pts
    sallamander-1
    sallamander-1

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

after some thought I would like to modify my comments and explain why.

Blade of Realities can be good if you can get it into combat with what you want (ie. monsters, lower characters, etc) I'm not sure you need the enchanted shield though. with the cold one and light armor, you already have a 1+, I guess you were shooting for the -1 armorsave?

I'd still really like to see some more skirmishers or cheap skink units to misdirect the enemy, shoot poison and cause havoc like they are supposed to. Otherwise a really fast army would be able to zip around your flanks without speed bumps.

Salamanders can be great against large units (the only thing they're good at hitting) but I still worry about them being able to get there intact since their range is so poor.

I still think a bsb would be really effective and I'd think about dropping the champion on the cold ones and maybe one krox, or you could drop that level 1 to get some more skinks.

I do like how you avoided the monster mash (if you start putting in monsters, you run out of troops too fast imo)
    Last edited by buckero0; February 2nd, 2009 at 15:44.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Thanks for the comments buckeroo. And yes, I was going for the -1 AS. I figured without a ward save, I at least want the best armour save I can get.

As for changes, how about dropping one of the salamanders for the BSB upgrade on the scar-vet, and a unit of 10 skinks. I am not sold on the new salamanders either, but on paper they look better than the razordons for sure. I have made some other lists where I have no rares at all.

Oh, and I got the plaque of tepok and diadem on the wrong characters. The EotG's priest should have the plaque.

If I dropped the other salamander, I could get another unit of skinks and maybe add a bit to the saurus or I could pick up a banner for the cavalry.

Still playing around with the list.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread