2250, Tournament, 7th - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250, Tournament, 7th

Got a tourney coming up this weekend, and I will have the models ready...well not painted..to be able to use the new book. It's a small tourney, 6 people..there will be vamps, vamps, tomb kings, warriors of chaos, dwarves and my lizardmen. With 2 vamp players coming I am positive that I will need some speed and good magic defense, so here it is.

Lord
    Slann, Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Becalming Cogitation, Staff of Sorcery, Dispel Scroll X 2, Battle Standard

Hero
    Skink Priest, Level 2, Engine of the Gods, Plaque of Tepok
    Skink Cheif, Ancient Stegadon, Stegadon Warspear

Core
    Skinks X 10
    Skinks X 10
    Skinks X 10

Special
    Temple Guard X 20, Full Command, War Banner
    Chameleon Skinks X 7
    Kroxigor X 3

Rare
    Salamanders X 3

Total = 2247

Only play tested it once against a shooty High Elf Army, and I obliterated it, so I am not sure if that was a good judgment on this list. The most damage was done by completely shutting down his magic phase with Becalming Cogitation. After that the movement 6 of most of my army took over and I dominated the movement and magic phase. The skinks were actually fantastic because I got to position them to redirect charges away or to my bigger units. I also liked the new sallies a lot, though again, against elves its not a real test because sallies always raped elves. In the end I lost a couple units of skinks, a few temple guard, and my kroxigor unit got eaten by White Lions. This was the first time i've ever used kroxies or stegs, and i found that my opponent was way too distracted by my Stegs and directed all attacks at it. Without curse of arrow going off, and the skink ward save, the bolt throwers were very ineffective.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

Hmmm. This looks like a pretty good list for the enemies that you will be facing. A solid magic phase, not bad shooting, and all relatively fast moving make for some potent combinations.

The lack of heavy shooting armies, (apart from perhaps the dwarves and Tombies), will mean the big beasties will make it to combat, but I am a little worried about your lack of standard combat res. Those vampire lists are guaranteed to have a lot of bodies, as well as magic that can match, if not exceed your own.

I would consider dropping a unit of skinks and 1 salamander and a chameleon skink to get a unit of 12 saurus with spears. Against most armies the sheer amount of attacks that they can put out will be rediculous, and if they get the charge, there are not many units that they can't smash the flank, or even front of.

Just my thoughts

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know what you mean about static combat res. I doubt 12 Saurus would be enough though for that...One thing I was thinking of doing is dropping 1 unit of skinks and the unit of kroxies for a large unit of Saurus. I am iffy on taking a unit of Saurus without a Veteran in there for some punch though. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Washout81; February 5th, 2009 at 13:26.

Now 17% more helpful gingerninja's Avatar
    In the ninja lab.......of course it exists!!!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

I was considering the fact that unlike the skinks, the saurus could actually hold the front of a unit. Especially against undead, their kill ratio will be superb. 24 saurus attacks will kill roughly 14 zombies or 8-9 skeletons on average, so that is more than enough to give you a res advantage.

A larger unit of saurus to act as another anvil is quite a nice idea, but the Kroxigors give you a very solid cavalry smashing unit, which you lack, except the stegs. Do you have time to test play the lists before you use them?

ninja out
    New LOChat functions now avaliable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheredanine View Post
    Dr Gingerninjas therapy room for kids with a poor grasp of both english and Warhammer, please take a ticket from nurse deciever

Need a list designed for any Fantasy army: Click Here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will have time for a game against Tomb Kings, but thats about it. Most of my free time will be spent putting together those new stegs before the tourney hehe. I like the small units of skinks more than i thought I would. I don't mind sacrificing a 50 point unit to turn a cavalry unit away from my big unit so I can hit it with something from Lore of Metal I know in this tourney there will be at least 1 unit of Chaos Knights, and 1 of the vamp player will take a unit of blood knights, which will probably be the one i have to worry about because I doubt I can take metal against vamps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also think you need some saurus in there. Saurus with spears are phenomenal against light infantry.

I think your slann would also benefit from bane head, it would be useful against VC BSBs with the regen banner when using lore of metal or for killing VC generals if they are heavy armoured.

I like using an engine of the gods and it should prove useful against chaos knights and VC should the oppurtunity arrise to blast things.

I dislike the salamanders, I think they are too expensive and so I would not field 3. Perhaps 1 or 2 but not all 3.

Chameleon skinks are ok but I think terradons would serve you better.

+ Reply to Thread