2000 pts of awesome face stabby killing - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 pts of awesome face stabby killing

Oldblood
    -Carnosaur
    -Scimitar
    -5+ ward save talisman
    -enchanted shield

Scar vet
    -cold one
    -pirannha blade
    -bane head

Skink priest
    scroll
    diadem

20 saurus
    spears
    command

20 saurus
    spears
    command

10 skink skirmishers

5 cold one cavalry
    standard

ancient stegadon

3 sillymanders

I am considering: moving the saurus to 6x3 instead of 5x4, considering 2 basic scar vets in the saurus (mundane gear) instead of the cold one vet, dropping the steg for more skinks and another group of cav (though I'd like to try keeping it).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Seems like a fine list. If you just drop the stegadon to a regular special choice, and maybe one salamander, you would have the points for another unit. I prefer the regular steg to the ancient, but thats just my opinion.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you have both bane head and piranha blade on the scar vet?

I also echo sirkently on the stegadon, although I have yet to field an ancient I find the bow to quite useful for threatening knights and monsters and whilst it may scarcely do anything substantial the threat alone is enough to cause your opponent some thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you have both bane head and piranha blade on the scar vet?
    1 wound turns into 4 on the selected character. And with the cold one's speed he's ideal for bsb/hero hunting. If these items don't stack for some reason let me know.

You guys are probably right on the steg though. 4d6 blowpipe shots sounds evil, but really... they're str 3 and hit on 5's usually. And even a single bolt thrower seems better to me. And it's poisoned!

I'm still undecided on the sillymanders though. If I take them I'd want 3. All or nothing. But that 40 off the steg gives me room for more skinks and a scroll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graves View Post
    1 wound turns into 4 on the selected character. And with the cold one's speed he's ideal for bsb/hero hunting. If these items don't stack for some reason let me know.
    I would play it that it dealt 3 wounds I think, though it would be open for debate. I usually put bane head on my slann as he better tools for targetting the cursed individual whereas a scar vet can be avoided which almost nullifies the bane head. I think piranha blade is sufficient or something like bane head and burning blade to deal with regen and heavy armour. On the plus side your scar vet has movement 7 so he can get where he needs to be.

Piranha blade is fast becoming my weapon of choice on a scar vet. The double wounds works nicely on nurgle heralds, flesh hounds, flamers, hydras, ogres, dragon ogres etc. With the blade its a surprise when you get to combat whereas the bane head is declared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keeping the ancient steg, dropping bane head, using the points for 3 more skinks in the sillymanders.

Anyone else have experience/suggestions that might help?

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Kich View Post
    I also echo sirkently on the stegadon, although I have yet to field an ancient I find the bow to quite useful for threatening knights and monsters and whilst it may scarcely do anything substantial the threat alone is enough to cause your opponent some thought.
    how odd, I haven't tried the regular steg. I have a hard time believing that the point decrease is justified, since I have such a hard time killing anything with str6. EotG is hit or miss. I feel BS3 and str5 big bow will hit about once every 5 games, so to me it seems worthless (having my stegs hold still and shoot seems like a bad plan since usually they are the ones getting shot to death. Having a worse armor save also seems like a bad idea since I can't protect the beast or their riders much anyway. They are after all, large targets)

I've used the ancient once, killed 4 chaos warriors with poison shooting and then killed another 6 on the charge (with the warspear). He stuck around for 3 combats and fled my turn 6 along with the Engine (both characters died earlier, 1st turn of combat) and lost me the game.
    Last edited by buckero0; March 10th, 2009 at 18:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The last game I used the ancient he took a charge from bret kotr. Held, won combat in the next round, and ran them down.he then charged and killed a unit of 9 in the following turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you thought about skink chief on stegadon don't have army book but give him the war spear or what ever gets extra d6 impact hits i beleive.

Have you also thought about mirriored/maiming shield both useful for carnosuar oldblood

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spike12225 View Post
    have you thought about skink chief on stegadon don't have army book but give him the war spear or what ever gets extra d6 impact hits i beleive.

Have you also thought about mirriored/maiming shield both useful for carnosuar oldblood
    scimitar and the ward save talisman add up to 80 pts of magic items. mirrored pool and maiming are 30, hence enchanted shield. I'm also not spending 115 points on a skink chief that adds d6 impact hits, not do I have the points if I wanted to.

+ Reply to Thread