First list with the new army book [2250] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

First list with the new army book [2250]

Oldblood - The Horn of Kygor, cold one, spear, light armour, shield

Scar Vet - Cold one, Burning Blade of Chotec, light armour, Enchanted Shield

Scar Vet - BSB, Huanchi's Blessed Totem, cold one, spear, light armour, shield

Skink Priest - 2 dispel scrolls (or level 2 with 1 scroll and diadem? 35 points more but 5 dispel dice instead of 3)

Saurus Warriors - 12, musician, spears

Skink Skirmishers - 10

Skink Skirmishers - 10

Cold One Cavalry - 6, standard, musician, Jaguar Standard

Cold One Cavalry - 6, standard, musician, War Banner

Ancient Stegadon

Ancient Stegadon

2246 points

General plan: Hold up 3 enemy units with individual Saurus characters, each have T5 and a 1+ or 0+ save, have Stubborn Ld 8 on 3 dice with a reroll from BSB and are immune fear.

The 3 Saurus characters are as good as unbreakable and unkillable against all but:
    -terror causing units
    -heavy cavalry units who charge me and either have more then 1 rank or have no champions to challenge out
    -expensive combat charaters with weapons that ignore armour

After 3 key enemy units are tied up (for example: DE black guard, DoC Blood crushers, VC Black Knights with vampires, Bret Grail knights etc.) the rest of my army can rampage over the rest of the enemies army (which is, theoretically, weaker).

Any suggested alterations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kroxigor01 View Post
    Oldblood - The Horn of Kygor, cold one, spear, light armour, shield

Scar Vet - Cold one, Burning Blade of Chotec, light armour, Enchanted Shield

Scar Vet - BSB, Huanchi's Blessed Totem, cold one, spear, light armour, shield
    I would take the banner and put it on the standard bearer in the cold one unit replacing the jaquar standard. Then get this guy a nice weapon or something.
    Skink Priest - 2 dispel scrolls (or level 2 with 1 scroll and diadem? 35 points more but 5 dispel dice instead of 3)

I would combine these two unit into one so it has more staying power.
    Skink Skirmishers - 10

Skink Skirmishers - 10

Cold One Cavalry - 6, standard, musician, Jaguar Standard

Cold One Cavalry - 6, standard, musician, War Banner
    You could drop these units to 5 and I would get champs in them to face anything you think the characters can't handle, say a tyrant with a tenderizer.
    Ancient Stegadon
    Not really a fan of the ancient unless used as a mount. I would save some points by making him just a regular stegadon.
    Ancient Stegadon
    I would use one of these stegs as a mount for the priest. The damage and protection would work well with him.
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread