First shot at the Lizzies (3000 points) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

15 (x1)

First shot at the Lizzies (3000 points)

I'm soon to be getting back into Warhammer after far too long an absence, and I've semi-settled on the Lizardmen (though Dark Elves and Skaven are also possibilities). Anyway, here's the list I came up with. I won't be buying this in one fell swoop, of course, but it's nice to have something to build towards.

Slann Mage-Priest, Focus of Mystery, Transcendent Healing, Divine Plaque of Protection - 355

Skink Priest, Level 2, Ancient Stegadon with Engine of the Gods, Diadem of Power - 415

Skink Priest, Level 2, Cloak of Feathers - 125

Skink Chief, Stegadon War-Spear, Ancient Stegadon - 380

Scar-Veteran, Charm of the Jaguar Warrior, Light Armor, Shield, Bane Head - 133

Scar-Veteran, Cold One, Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent, Shield - 158

24 Saurus Warriors, Spears, Full Command - 318

24 Saurus Warriors, Spears, Champion, Standard Bearer - 312

12 Skink Skirmishers - 84

12 Skink Skirmishers - 84

9 Chameleon Skinks - 108

5 Cold One Riders, Champion, Standard Bearer, Huanchi’s Blessed Totem - 240

24 Skinks, 3 Kroxigors, - 285

Total: 2997

My main worry is that there aren't many efficient tools in the list for dealing with enemy missile and artillery fire. I feel the list would be very weak against a gunline. Now, my main opponent will be orcs, but I'd also like to be competitive at local tournaments, so I'd like to be able to do well against (or at least not be steamrollered by) anything.

I could also drop the Saurus units down to 20, make the priests Lvl. 1s with 3 scrolls and the diadem between them, make the Engine of the Gods Steggie a plain ol' Ancient dinosaur, add a Chameleon, and replace the Slaan with an Old Blood sporting the Blade of Revered Tzunki, the Maiming Shield, and a rather cranky Carnosaur.

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

The first thing that jumps out at me with this list is the lack of units. The second thing is that you have no temple guard for the slann. I don't think the slann works well in saurus units, or if your plan is to run him solo, he needs the discipline that makes him immune to normal attacks.

I would drop the skink priest with the cloak, and the scar-vet on the cold one, and pick up another unit or two. Maybe some terradons with some salamanders. Or a regular stegadon with a unit of skinks. You also have some room to drop some points off your saurus units and skink skirmishers to pick up other units.

Good luck,
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread