1000 point balanced Tournament List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point balanced Tournament List

Hey guys,

I'm starting up a new Lizardmen army so please feel free to chime in if you have any suggestions.

Heroes

Scar-Vet - 125
    • Cold One
    • Burning Blade of Chotec
    Skink Priest - 90
    • Diadem of Power
    Skink Priest - 90

Core

15 Saurus Warriors - 192
    • Spears
    • Standard Bearer
    15 Saurus Warriors - 180
    • Spears
    10 Skinks - 50

10 Skinks - 50

10 Skinks - 50

Special

5 Cold One Riders - 175

Points - 997
    Models - 68

Basically the goal here was to have as many troops in 1000 points as possible. The Skink rank and file troops are up front to screen the saurus blocks behind them. I'm not sure where I should put my priests but probably in with the skink blocks. If not, they're primarily for magic defense anyway so I could put them out on their own too. The Scar-Vet is in with the CORs on the flank to charge in after the saurus blocks have made contact.

What is everyone's experience with the skinks as ranked troops? Would it be worth it to put in 2 skirmisher units instead of the 3 ranked?

I'm not sure about the skink priests as hero choices either. If I run into a magic using army at 1000 points, they would be worth it. But if I don't... that's 180 points that won't help me at all. What do you guys think?

-Ben the Lionhearted

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

Firstly, i get you list at 1002pts not 997pts.

Secondly, i'm guessing you forgot to mention a scroll on the seconfd preist to take him to 90pts.

Anyway, your list seems pretty solid for 1000pts, lots of troops. i would maybe consider putting the lord on foot in a unit of suarus and getting the units up by a few models but seems its only 1000pts should be ok.

Its just my preferance but id try and take kroxigor over the saurus cavalry just to illiminate risk of stupidity. i would even maybe consider salamanders in small games as they will desimate block units if you get them near.

As for skinks i always use skirmishers to block line of sight as you done have to concern yourself with movment issues when trying to get them out of the way of suarus like turning, just push them out the way with thier 360 movment. That or take them in blocks with 2+ kroxigor in.

As for the priests just keep them in woods or out the way if they are just for defence. One skink preist with two scrolls should be enough deffence unless you come up against a magic dedicated list.

If you consider your opponent at max is likley to have 2 level 2s, thats 6 dice (without item bonuses) to get out spells. these will probably go into casting 3 spells total (except Vamps which may do 1 die raises), of which maybe 2 per turn on average will get off. you then have 3 dispel dice and two scrolls (or 4 dice and a scroll if diadem) to stop them. its just about choosing when to let spells go.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_the_Lionhearted View Post
    Heroes
    Scar-Vet
    • Cold One
    • Burning Blade of Chotec
    You want some light armour and a shield. A magic shield, say enchanted, could be useful as well.

Skink Priest
    • Diadem of Power

Skink Priest
    You seem to be going for defense. Currently you have 4DD with the possibility of 5 with the diadem and one scroll. Using only one priest at level 2 with the diadem and a scroll would give 3DD with the Possibility of 5 with the diadem and can give him a scroll. So you would basically end of the same, and save a bunch of points.

Core

15 Saurus Warriors
    • Spears
    • Standard Bearer

15 Saurus Warriors
    • Spears
    With extra points you should add a few members to one of the saurus units or maybe get a champ.
    10 Skinks - 50

10 Skinks - 50

10 Skinks - 50
    I would rather have the two units of skirmish skinks.

Special

5 Cold One Riders - 175
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The main parts that i see with this army is your general and your magic

I normally give my general at light armour and shield, then normally equipt him with a great weapon and have the option of either defense or offense. You have chosen to put him on a cold one but i have had better luck with saurus blocks. Although it isn't likely you could fail that stupidity test, which would essentialy put your main hitting unit out of the game for a turn. Also think about your main idea, put your general on a flank, wouldn't having yoru general in a saurus unit, that keeps pace with your army, be more benefitial.

I have also noticed that you have suggested putting the CO unit on the flank, which will charge once the saurus hit. A problem I see with that is the saurus movement is 4 while CO is 7. The CO unit will be waiting around for your suarus to engage.

You have selected 2 priests however both are meant for defense. Neither would have the summoning power to make them offensive because they cant generate enough dice, they are lv 1. Also, you have selected defensive items(dispell scroll, diadem) IF I were you I would drop one altogether, and kiting the other with a scroll and diadem. That would provide enough defense in a 1000pt game

As said before, I think a pack of salamanders would be much more beneficial than the CO, by taking your general on foot, and dropping CO you would have enough points to grab some.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x4)

If your not affriad of stupidity you could always have your general in a block unit on one, and keep the cheap unit of S-cavalry. get him light armour, enchanted shield and on his mount he'l have a 0+ save, with enough points spare on him to buy a nice magic item.

I always take my vamp lord (with stupidity item) mounted in my grave guard and he works fine, and the unit becomes a center for the army. I sugesst boosting a saurus unit up a bit and maybe trying this, with the S-cavalry as you like, but cheap. this will also mean that the s-cavalry and general wont fall at the same time from a barage of shots or magic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heroes

Scar-Vet - 99
    • Light Armor
    • Shield
    • Great Weapon
    Skink Priest - 115
    • Diadem of Power
    • Dispell Scroll
    Core

14 Saurus Warriors - 190
    • Spears
    • Standard Bearer
    15 Saurus Warriors - 202
    • Spears
    • Standard Bearer
    10 Skink Skirmishers - 70

10 Skink Skirmishers - 70

Special

5 Cold One Riders - 175

Rare

1 Salamander - 75

Points - 996
    Models - 58

Alright, I re-worked the list a bit and this is what I got. The Scar Vet will be going in the block of 14 saurus with the standard bearer. I agree with the idea brought up that if he's with the Cold Ones and they go down I would lose him too. So now he should be a little more protected plus he now has light armor and a shield. I dropped a skink priest and made the other one a little more potent. I also dropped the ranked skinks for skirmishers so that they would be better at screening and I managed to add in a salamander. How do these changes look?
    Last edited by Ben_the_Lionhearted; April 19th, 2009 at 22:26.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben_the_Lionhearted View Post
    Heroes

Scar-Vet
    • Light Armor
    • Shield
    • Great Weapon
    Magic, must have magic. As he is your general, I would give him some more protection. Glyph necklace is a good ward save. Or hide of the cold ones for a better toughness and armour save. Venom of the firefly frog is good to get magical attacks with the great weapon.

Skink Priest
    • Diadem of Power
    • Dispell Scroll
    As a level 1 you can only store 1 die in the diadem. Either up him to level to to get the max use of the diadem, or drop it for another scroll.

Core
    14 Saurus Warriors
    • Spears
    • Standard Bearer

15 Saurus Warriors
    • Spears
    • Standard Bearer

10 Skink Skirmishers

10 Skink Skirmishers

Special

5 Cold One Riders
    I don't think cold ones have a place in this list as your other combat troops are too slow. I would switch them out for a unit of 3 terradon riders. Use the remaining points for your characters. Maybe get an extra handler for the salamander. Anything left over can go into the saurus units.
    Rare

1 Salamander
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread