2k Oldblood list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Oldblood list

Hi! Check if this can be competitive!

- Oldblood: Blade of Revered Tzunki, Glyph Necklace, light armour, shield. 256

- Skink Priest: Engine, lvl 2, Diadem, scroll. 440

- Scar-Veteran: 2 hand weapon, hide of the cold ones. 141

- 17 Saurus: Spears. Banner and musician (general here) 222

- 11 Saurus: Spears, Banner and musician (scar vet here) 150

- 10 Skink skirmishers 70

- 3 Terradons 90

- 3 Krox 165

- Stegadon 235

- Salamander with extra herder 80

Total: 1999 points

Center with saurus, engine, a salamander, and a skink screen. This will be the anvil, I think that its enough powerfull to resist anything. In the flank the rest of the army, to cause fear/terror checks and to make a effective attack to the weak enemy flank with the krox and the steg. What do you think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

The only thing I don't like in the list is the small unit of saurus. I would drop something, either the terradons, one of the salamanders, or some command models to get them up to at least 14. 17 would be preferable.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

or drop the banner on them and make them a screening or flanking unit. You could have 2 of them. But I'd probably just drop them if you want to keep both saurus characters. I think the saurus hero can take a halberd, that might be a better option than the extra hand weapon. Or give him a shield so he can decide whether to use the HW&S bonus. I'd try the sword of might on your lord and save some points (get another terradon or more saurus) I think you overestimate your enemies if you think this force can cream everyone. Either that, or you don't play many shooting armies (Elves, Dwarves, Empire)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The scar-veteran has a two handed weapon (+2S, always strike last) in english it is said in that way no?

And no, I don't play many shooty armys. My most frecuent games are against WoC and VC, and both of them had no shooting. Anyways, I've changed the equipament of the oldblood:

- Oldblood: Burning Blade of Chotec, Enchanted shield, Glyph Necklace, light armour. 220

- Skink Priest: Engine, lvl 2, Diadem, scroll. 440

- Scar-Veteran: 2-hand weapon, hide of the cold ones, BSB. 166

- 17 Saurus: Spears. Banner, champion and musician (general here) 234

- 11 Saurus: Spears, Banner and musician (scar vet here) 150

- 3 Terradons 90

- 3 Krox 165

- Stegadon 235

Better this way? I can't pick up more saurus cause I don't have any more saurus models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're in a crunch for saurus models I do not know what to tell you. Honestly, a small unit of saurus like that cannot fulfill a base-unit role, so if I were you I would drop the banner and use it as a flank guard/flanker unit and put the hero somewhere else. Maybe drop one more from the 17 unit(making it 16) and put the hero there, then use that model to make a unit of 12 with a musician for flanking units that charge your big units or standing on the flanks to block nasty fast cavalry and stuff.

+ Reply to Thread