Combatty Lizards - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Combatty Lizards

So I played some magicky lizzies at Adepticon and was thinking about switching it about a bit for Gen Con. What about something like this?

OldBlood - Carno. - BoR - Enchanted Shield - LA
    Skink Priest - 2nd Level - Diadem - Scroll - EotG
    Scar Vet. - CO - LA - S - Pirahna Blade
    2x 10 Skink Skrimishers with Blowpipes
    2x 12 Saurus Warriors with Spears and FC
    1 Stegadon
    3 Terradon Riders
    2x 2 Salamander

There are still some pts laying around, but one tourney I am thinking about is 2250 and one is 2150.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

It dosn't seem very combaty, the oldblood is the only real threat. I would add 2 units of coldone cavalry and make the saurus one block of 24. Try and calculate the left over points. I would get the skink priest off his steg and stick a warspear wielding chief on instead. A priest with the diadem and a scroll should be able to keep the worst of the magic at bay. Then you have combat lizards.
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goliath View Post
    It dosn't seem very combaty, the oldblood is the only real threat. I would add 2 units of coldone cavalry and make the saurus one block of 24. Try and calculate the left over points. I would get the skink priest off his steg and stick a warspear wielding chief on instead. A priest with the diadem and a scroll should be able to keep the worst of the magic at bay. Then you have combat lizards.
    Well I guess I just mean more combatty than my last list. I am taking it to a tourney, so I want to still have some magic defense and such. I think the EotG is nice for that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I don't think they are that combat oriented either. Small units of saurus aren't that effective in my experience either. I do like the EofG's though.

I also don't think you need all those points in salamanders. If you want to take the hunting packs, I would go with one unit of 3 razodons, and a single salamander with extra handlers. I would also get a chief and put him on the back of the stegadon you have now.

Also, I don't like the carno rider with the blade of realities. If you put him on a cold one as well, you can get a -1 AS. That way he can face even strength 7 hits and have a good save, as the lack of a ward save isn't good on a lord.

Sorry for being so negative,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    I don't think they are that combat oriented either. Small units of saurus aren't that effective in my experience either. I do like the EofG's though.

I also don't think you need all those points in salamanders. If you want to take the hunting packs, I would go with one unit of 3 razodons, and a single salamander with extra handlers. I would also get a chief and put him on the back of the stegadon you have now.

Also, I don't like the carno rider with the blade of realities. If you put him on a cold one as well, you can get a -1 AS. That way he can face even strength 7 hits and have a good save, as the lack of a ward save isn't good on a lord.

Sorry for being so negative,
    SirKently
    I don't see it as negativity. It is just constructive criticism. Negativity would be "you are so dumb for creating such a sucky list"

I like the EotG too.

I like Sallies better than Razors I think, and I don't have any Razors anyway. I have played with the sallies a lot and they generally do really well for me holding my flanks with panicky breath and CC. I was thinking of going 2 and 1 though like my last list.

I have the Carno model and I really like it. I even got second in a painting comp. with it, so I kind of want to use it. I also think the BoR is a cool item too, so I kind of want to use it, but I was trying to think of other combos to give him too.

Thanks for the comments.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd have to echo everybody that your list doesn't seem to combat-based. Also, again just an echo, small units of Saurus never seemed very useful to me. I'd definitely move them into one unit of 20-24. I'd also look for room for some Cold One Cavalry.
    The skink priest on the Engine is always a good call in my opinion. I'm iffy on the Blade of Realities, I like to have a Ward Save on my Lord because of all the armour-negating attacks these days. Personally, I like the Blade of Revered Tzunki with the Glyph Necklace.
    Lastly 4 Salamanders seems a little heavy, I might drop one for more points(to buy Cold One Cavalry? =D). Good luck.

+ Reply to Thread