1000 points list changes - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 points list changes

hey, i'v made a list for 1000 points, but because i'm probably getting the battalion for my birthday next month, i tought i might make some changes, which allow me to play with almost my own army then.
    the current list is

heroes
    scar-vet, la, shield

skink priest, lv2

core
    19 saurus warriors, spears, f.c.

10 skink skirmishers

10 skink skirmishers

special
    3 terradon riders

rare
    2 razordon

but i was thinking i might take 5 saurus cavalry, a champion, a standard bearer and the magic banner that provides an extra d6" charge range, one use only. it costs the same ammount of points, but would it be a right dicision?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i forgot to say i've 3 kroxigors in this list too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by veringmeier View Post
    hey, i'v made a list for 1000 points, but because i'm probably getting the battalion for my birthday next month, i tought i might make some changes, which allow me to play with almost my own army then.
    the current list is

heroes
    scar-vet, la, shield Give him a weapon of some sort?

skink priest, lv2 no arcane items?

core
    19 saurus warriors, spears, f.c. I would take two smaller units. free up some points elsewhere.

10 skink skirmishers

10 skink skirmishers

special
    3 terradon riders

rare
    2 razordon Not worth it in my opinion, take salamanders instead

but i was thinking i might take 5 saurus cavalry, a champion, a standard bearer and the magic banner that provides an extra d6" charge range, one use only. it costs the same ammount of points, but would it be a right dicision? same amount of points as what? what do you want to replace with them? the razordons?

champions and standards aren't worth taking. the champion is too expensive for just 1 extra attack and if your cav dies, you dont' want your opponent getting an extra 100 VP for a standard bearer.

the cavalry are expensive but wicked, s5 on the charge with 2 attacks each is devastating + US10 is enough to auto break them on the charge.

Glavas

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by veringmeier View Post
    the current list is

heroes
    scar-vet, la, shield
    Maybe get some magic items on him. A glyph necklace is good.

skink priest, lv2
    Rod of the storm maybe. Dispel scrolls are always good.

core
    19 saurus warriors, spears, f.c.
    You could always drop a couple here. I think 17 would be the max for me.

10 skink skirmishers

10 skink skirmishers
    You could rank up one of these units to grab some points.
    special
    3 terradon riders

rare
    2 razordon
    Not a big fan of two razordons. I think 1 salamander with an extra handler would be sufficient to guard a flank.

but i was thinking i might take 5 saurus cavalry, a champion, a standard bearer and the magic banner that provides an extra d6" charge range, one use only. it costs the same ammount of points, but would it be a right dicision? Cavalry are really good, but what are you replacing with them. Maybe the kroxigors, in which case it is six of this, half dozen of the other, both are useful. Play what you like.
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heroes
    scar vet, la, shield
    i took this to get the cheapest but a good hero for combat, i want to give it a glyph necklace but then i have two points too much.

skink priest, lv2
    same story, a cheap mage. in the first two battles this was enough to do some damage, but the rod of storm costs too much points causing that the rest won't fit in.

core
    17 saurus warriors, spears, f.c.
    yes i dropped two warriors for the glyph necklace, but if my opponent won't accept the two points extra i have, i'll take 19 warriors. most games i play are friendly, so that won't be a problem probably

10 skink skirmishers
    i don't want to take a ranked unit, simply because it won't be of use in my eyes, and skirmishers are much better.

10 skink skirmishers
    same story here

special
    3 kroxigors
    i forgot to mention these last time, but i think they'll be of good use to me.

3 terradons
    terradons are good, but if i just want to play with saurus cav i'll take these and the razordon out and put 5 saurus cav in the list

rare
    2 razordon
    i like these guys more than the salamanders, this has to do with the models too. but i can change them in salamanders too if i want to do that once.

i think this is good, but do you have some nice colour schemes? i like the blue ones how they are painted normaly, but i was thinking of a green colour scheme with brown and bone coloured scales. do you have any idea?

now it's just waiting a month to get the battalion, and get painting the army

thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread