Need help with 2250 pts, Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

11 (x1)

Need help with 2250 pts, Tournament

There is going to be a tournament in my local club, and it's some time since i played my Lizardmen, so I need some help building an army. I know there's gonna be power gamers, and i've never played against one before.

This is the rules for the tournament:

- * Infantry are units that are not skirmishers, can't shoot an uses 20, 25 or 40 mm bases.

- Max 3 identical core choices which is not infantry*.
    - Max 2 hero choices.
    - Max 2 identical special choices which is not infantry*.
    - No of the same rare choices.
    - Max 10 PD per turn.
    - Max 6 DD per turn (First scroll counts as 1 DD, after that scrolls counts as 2 DD.
    - No special characters.
    - Max 3 stegadons
    - Max 1 engine of the gods.

I was thinking of making my list like this:

Saurus oldblod: Carnosaur, scimitar of the sun, enchanted shield, glyph necklace = 460 pts

Skink chief: Ancient stegadon, light armour, shield, battle standart, stegadon war-spear = 409 pts

Skink priest: Lvl 2, diadem of power, scroll, engine of the gods = 440 pts

20 x saurus: Full command = 250 pts

20 x saurus: Full command = 250 pts

10 skinks = 50 pts

10 skinks = 50 pts

11 skink skirmishers: Javelin and shield = 88 pts

3 terradon riders = 90 pts

2 razordons = 150 pts

Total = 2247

I was thinking something like the 2 x 20 saurus would go as a block in the middel, the skink skirmishers as a shield in front of them, engine between the 2 blocks to support them, the 2 skink units on each flank, the oldblod on one flank and the chief and on the other flank, and the the razordon where they do most damage.

Last edited by chaosjacob; July 28th, 2009 at 10:19.
    "We've run into scorpions the size of battle tanks. Three men died from Eyerot last week and I've sweated enough to fill a lake. Emperor help me, I love this place - it's just like home!" Captain Rock commenting on Varestus Prime.

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Looks like a fine list. I would probably try to get a third razordon if you want to use them to there greatest benefit. Dropping the skirmisher to 10 with blow pipes, and dropping some saurus command and a couple models would get you there.

Good luck,
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread