3k theoretical Ard Boyz list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

29 (x1)

3k theoretical Ard Boyz list

Hi all -- I won't be playing in any WHFB Ard Boyz events in the near future, but I'm pretty interested in metagaming and such, so I came up with a quick list for the event. I'm mainly curious to see what kinds of lists you all think would be a bad matchup for this list. Keep in mind that the list is super cheesy, which is intentional as Ard Boyz is supposed to be a giant cheese fest:

Slann w/ Focused Rumination, Focus of Mystery, Becalming Cogitation, Bane Head, Cupped Hands of the Old Ones

Slann w/ Focused Rumination, Focus of Mystery, Becalming Cogitation, BSB, Plaque of Dominion

Skink Priest w/ L2 on Engine of the Gods w/ Cube of Darkness

Skink Priest w/ L2 on Engine of the Gods w/ Rod of the Storm

Skink Priest w/ L2 on Engine of the Gods w/ War Drums of Xahutec, Plaque of Tepok

Skink Priest w/ L2 on Engine of the Gods w/ Blood Statuette of Spite

4x 10 Skink Skirmishers

2x 11 Temple Guard w/ standard bearer

That adds up to 3140 points, which is 140 points over... but I'm not sure what to cut. What would you guys cut from this?

The main idea behind the list is to take advantage of effects that increase in power as the scale of the game increases -- Burning Alignment, Cube of Darkness, Plaque of Dominion, AoE magic etc. Your main weapon is a devastating magic phase, featuring 22 power dice plus any extra free dice that the Slann generate. The list also has decent magic defense, with 14 dispel dice. Then of course any units near the Engines have to worry about getting plastered with up to 4 overlapping Burning Alignments. Beyond that, the list has a little close combat and shooting power, but not much.

The two Slann will probably choose Lore of Death or Lore of Metal most of the time, although I could possibly see the Lore of Shadow being helpful against something like a steamtank list.

If I had to guess, I'd think that Thorek Gunlines and Empire Gunlines would be this list's major weakness, seeing as that many cannons can do quite a number on the engines.

2. Remove Advertisements

Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    3 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

34 (x2)

good thinking on the army...but have you ever played against beastment..or an ogre kingdoms army with gorgers in them. or a tomb kings army with lots of scorpions in them?

The magic is over powering...but your almost garanteed to miscast every round with all those dice.

plus there is no hand to hand combat and yeah the burning alignments will plaster any unit. But in high points games like these sometimes the opponant will not bring any magic offense and bring around 5 dispell dice and 6 scrolls which means his whole army will get to your side of the board in one turn and all he will need is one blood thirster reaching your side or even something as small as an eagle noble and he will eat every priest you have.

plus some armys will just sit there and scroll/dispell all your magic and sit back with like 5 cannons.

and empire will bring three steam tanks to your face and you will not like the 4 cannons or four units of outriders he has backing them up. you will not be happy with this list im sorry.

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

I think I would combine the temple guard into one unit. Maybe drop some as well. Tool up the other slann to be on his own, with etherealness, regen, and maybe terror. I would also drop the rod and statuette for scrolls.

Good luck,
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread