2500 skink themed army list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2500 skink themed army list

I really like skinks, i love the idea of the little guys running around dying all over the place, while the slann sits on his floating throne watching the carnage as the stegadons and kroxigors tear the enemy apart. Therefore i decided to make a Lizardmen army with almost no saurus, even though people told me it would be crap. i actually think i came out quite well. But would really like some comments and thoughts. Thanks

24 x Skinks
    3x Kroxigors
    ¨
    24 x Skinks
    3x Kroxigors

Skink priest
    Level 2
    Ancient stegadon

Skink chief
    Ancient stegadon
    Stegadon hunting spear

Slann mage priest
    The focussed rumination
    Plaque of tepok
    Battle standard

14 x Temple guards
    Standard

3x Razerdons 225

3x Razerdons 225

3x Terradons 90

10x skink skirmishers 70

The main idea is that the stegadons join the skink units making them immune to psy. and stuborn. also they can charge with them for the impact hits. They can of course leave the unit if needs be.

the slann and his bodyguard are a little cheap i know, but i really dont like throwing loads of points into a unit that has no mobility and only really live to keep my slann alive.

Razordons are in my oppinion the best unit in the army. put them in a forest for soft cover and blast away or move them right in front of the enemy and force him to charge them. love them.

terradons for killing war machines and skink skirmishers because they always make up their points in table corners, march blokingor giant killing

Lots of magic, lots of high strengt attacks and a very reliable main battle line. do you think i could actually win something with this rather strange army?

sorry for the bad english by the way.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really enjoy the occasional skink army and i believe u r on the right track in succeding with it. some tips however i would get rid of 1 unit of razordons and a saurus cav unit of 5. this will aid ur stegadon warspear with flank charges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or if you want to stay skinky and still take a unit of cavalry take tichi huichi's raiders.

also if you are going to put the stegadons in units like i do its best to have 2 kroxigors becasue the unit isn't realy long and you get good rank bonuses.
    Last edited by curly24242; October 10th, 2009 at 09:23.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I think you are one of the few people who think that razordons are good. But if they work for you, all the better. I have found them relatively useless. Not really a fan of the krox in skink unit either.

As for the rest, I would get your priest some items. I really like the wardrums on the engine. Maybe give the slann a couple of scrolls.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread