Help with 1250 point army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with 1250 point army

So my friends and I are doing a 1250 point tournament, since we don't have much time to do bigger battles around this time of the year and was wondering how this would work out.

15 Saurus
    Full Command
    Spears 210

15 Saurus
    Full Command
    Spears 210

Scar Vetern
    Cold One
    Light Armour
    Piranha Blade
    Enchanted Shield 160

5 Cold one Calvary
    Full Command 225

2x Skink Priest
    Both Level 2
    One Dispell Scroll each 250

Salamander Hunting pack
    +Extra Handler 80

9 Chameleon Skinks
    + Stalker 114

That should come out to around 1249 Total.

Also If it helps I will be playing a Darkelf Team and Tomb Kings, WoC, and Empire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i will give you some tips on empire and they are very simple. Empire are kean in i believe 2 areas these are shooting and magic. Now with you Saurus Warriors these will be obliterated from a common empire gunline and cannons.

If i were you i would get rid of the stalker for the chamelions, 30 pts for a champ is not worth it.muso on a cold one cav unit i also believe is a waist of points, if you are sticking around in combat chances are you will and deserve to get killed. also exchange the salamanders for some terradons with these extra points.these are my tips for the empire.

I believe you should anialate the tomb kings and the dark elfs if you play your card right.

What is the WoC like in your GW let me know and i will give you some pointers with how to deal with them

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahuji View Post
    Scar Vetern
    Cold One
    Light Armour
    Piranha Blade
    Enchanted Shield
    This is fine.

2x Skink Priest
    Both Level 2
    One Dispell Scroll each
    Six PD isn't really going to do too much for you. I would leave a level 3 with a scroll and the diadem of power. Make the other a level 1 with two scrolls.

15 Saurus- Full Command, Spears

15 Saurus- Full Command, Spears
    I prefer units of 18-20 saurus. And you don't really need the command models.

5 Cold one Calvary- Full Command
    Good, but get a magic banner if you can find the points. I really like the sun standard.

9 Chameleon Skinks- Stalker
    I don't hate chameleons, but you have no regular skinks. I would drop this and get two units of skinks. And the stalker doesn't really serve a purpose, but I assume you had a few extra points to spend.

Salamander Hunting pack- Extra Handler
    Good unit.
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recommend 3 Terradons in place of your chameleon skinks, good for taking out the warmachine crew in the DE or Empire Armies and to harass the gun lines. Take some skinks too, dont underestimate the poisoned attacks and they do block line of sight, giving your saurus more time to reach the battle line.

Also, seeing that your Scar veteran has a 0+ AS, i think it is better to swap enchanted shield with talisman of warding and take a normal shield for the 1+/6+ armor save/ward save. Higher chance of survival.

+ Reply to Thread