SCGT possible list.....what do you reckon? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SCGT possible list.....what do you reckon?

ok everyone i got a list im thinkin of tournying with. what do you guys think?

Lords/Heroes
    Oldblood – Cold One,Light Armour, Enchanted Shield, Blade of Realities – 275pts
    Skink Priest – Lvl2, Engine of the Gods, Diadem of Power, Dispel Scroll – 440pts
    Scar-Veteran – Cold One, Light Armour, Sword of Battle, Maiming Shield – 160pts
    Scar-Veteran – BSB, Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon – 124pts

Core
    12 Saurus – Standard, Musician – 162pts
    12 Saurus – Standard, Musician – 162pts
    10 skinks – 70pts
    10 skinks – 70pts

Special
    Stegadon
    5 Cold One Cavalry – Champion, Standard – 215pts
    5 Cold One Cavalry – Champion, Standard – 215pts
    4 Terradons – 120pts

2248pts

any advice would be really appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Lords/Heroes
    Oldblood – Cold One,Light Armour, Enchanted Shield, Blade of Realities
    My favorite setup.
    Skink Priest – Lvl2, Engine of the Gods, Diadem of Power, Dispel Scroll
    Scar-Veteran – Cold One, Light Armour, Sword of Battle, Maiming Shield
    Scar-Veteran – BSB, Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon
    I think I would give the BSB to the first scar-vet, and change the other for a level 1 scroll caddy.

Core
    12 Saurus – Standard, Musician
    12 Saurus – Standard, Musician
    10 skinks
    10 skinks
    I would either combine the saurus into one unit, dropping a few along the way. Or drop them altogether. They are your only slow unit and I think you would do better with other troops.

Special
    Stegadon
    5 Cold One Cavalry – Champion, Standard
    5 Cold One Cavalry – Champion, Standard
    A magic banner or two could be in order. I like the sun standard, and huanchi's can be nice.
    4 Terradons

I you drop the saurus, you could get a bunch more skinks, or maybe some salamanders.
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can appreciate the hard hitting character setup for max damage, but i think the oldblood needs some extra protection an by this i mean a ward save, so rather than the enchanted shield i would go with a normal shield and a talisman of warding. you would still have a 0+/6+ save (a roll of 1 always fails anyway). There might be trouble with vampire lords/greater daemons or high ld characters, but its a worthwhile risk for the instant kill. Else, a safer general option would be to take Blade of Tzunki + Amulet of Itzl to have a better ward save or Scimitar + Maming shield for 8 str 5 attacks (9 if u get him frenzied) Yeah just keep in mind the other options given the other armies in the tournament. Maybe you might want to put the lord on a carnosaur too for sum extreme firepower.

If youre going to go hard out physical i suggest you scrap the saurus units, take 10 skinks for the min core, and put more cold ones and terradons in. Put the other scar vet into another unit of Cavalry.You need to get in really fast because you will be blasted with magic and shooting. Yep sun standard shuld help with your oldbloods squad, but since your main emphasis is on the cavalry units, buff them up a bit, and also, a lot of other armies have a bigger charge range than your the cold ones so you have to be ready to fight back hard.

Yeah, just remember you will be facing magic heavy armies and artillery heavy armies, so come up with a good battle plan too n comment on my 2k tourney magic heavy list too ;P cheers
    Last edited by dibr002; October 17th, 2009 at 08:09.

+ Reply to Thread