4500 two on one match - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4500 two on one match

Guys I'm prepping for a massive 4500 pt game pitting my 4500 pt LM list versus two of my friends fielding legal 2250 WC & DE lists. Their team only gets one general and one BSB (but can still field the lords, etc. as normal) and they get to pick and they play their turn simultaneously (i.e. not two separate turns). I would appreciate any comments on my list as well as general strategy vs both armies (I hate Black Guard).

General - Lord: Slann, Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Unfathomable Presence, Soul of Stone, Cupped Hands of Old Ones, Bane Head, BSB, Sun Standard of Chotec - 550 pts

Lord - Saurus Oldblood - Carnosaur, Blade of Realities, Enchanted Shield, lt. armor - 455 pts

Lord - Slann - Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Divine Plaque of Protection (does this apply to magic missiles too? technically their ranged attacks), Itxi grubs, dispel scroll, power stone - 425 pts

Skink Priest, Lvl 2, EotG, War Drums, Plaque of Tepok - 435 pts
    Skink Chief, lt armor, shield, stegadon war spear, stegadon - 334 pts
    Skink Priest, lvl 2, dispel scroll, cloak of feathers - 150 pts
    Scar-Vet, mirrored shield, sword of battle, lt armor - 140 pts
    Scar-Vet, great weapon, firefly venon, lt armor, shield - 109 pts

Temple Guard (14) for General, revered guardian w/ burning blade, standard w/ plaque of dominion - 322 pts

Temple Guard (14) for other Slann - 224 pts

Cold One Cav (6) for Carnosaur, champ, std, war banner - 275 pts

Cold One Cav (6) - 210 pts

Kroxigor (3) - 165 pts

Salamander with extra handler - 80 pts

Saurus (17), spears, std - 216 pts (scar vet)
    Saurus (17), spears - 204 pts (scar vet)
    Skink Skirmishers (10) - 70 pts
    total = 4505 pts

Should I think about dropping a saurus unit for some more skinks (I'll have to proxy) and then putting a scar vet on a cold one? Also, I only have two stegs so that will have to be the max for them. Any help would be appreciated.

-KE

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

BEWARE: THE WINDS OF MAGIC ARE A FICKLE FRIEND.

If they are planning their lists together they WILL have Infernal Puppet and they WILL have the Ring of Hotek. This means ANY double that you cast withing 12" of the ring will miscast, then they can change the result of the miscast by one either way. This makes heavy magic an extremely dangerous game.

In general I just think you need more STUFF. You have 3 500 point Lords, 2 of which are going in 300 point units. Thatys a HIGE sink of your points. DE and WoC (Cavalry) are both very manouverable forces, and you will just get danced around and flanked to death.

Saurus Warriors are (My opinion) now the best core infantry in the game, at this points level I'd be throwing in 4 or 5 units of them. Skinks are all well and good but you cant really rely on them to do too much for you.

I would only run a single Slann, put him in the first Temple Guard unit (plus a few more bodies) and throw Chakax in there. This way you have a really strong bunker around which the rest of your army can build. Either side of that I'd go for 2 (on each side) 18 man Saurus units, then on each flank a unit of Cold Cavalry. Fill the gaps with salamanders/razordons, throw down some skinks in front for screening, add a sprinkling of skink preists/scar vets and go mental.

Should be a good fight.
    Current painting project: 2300 pts of Dwarfs in 5 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stratovarion View Post
    BEWARE: THE WINDS OF MAGIC ARE A FICKLE FRIEND.

If they are planning their lists together they WILL have Infernal Puppet and they WILL have the Ring of Hotek. This means ANY double that you cast withing 12" of the ring will miscast, then they can change the result of the miscast by one either way. This makes heavy magic an extremely dangerous game.

In general I just think you need more STUFF. You have 3 500 point Lords, 2 of which are going in 300 point units. Thatys a HIGE sink of your points. DE and WoC (Cavalry) are both very manouverable forces, and you will just get danced around and flanked to death.

Saurus Warriors are (My opinion) now the best core infantry in the game, at this points level I'd be throwing in 4 or 5 units of them. Skinks are all well and good but you cant really rely on them to do too much for you.

I would only run a single Slann, put him in the first Temple Guard unit (plus a few more bodies) and throw Chakax in there. This way you have a really strong bunker around which the rest of your army can build. Either side of that I'd go for 2 (on each side) 18 man Saurus units, then on each flank a unit of Cold Cavalry. Fill the gaps with salamanders/razordons, throw down some skinks in front for screening, add a sprinkling of skink preists/scar vets and go mental.

Should be a good fight.
    This sounds pretty good. If you could work the Krox into a block of 24 standard skinks and maybe throw in some Tarradons for speedy siege engine hits and general fast cav type actions, I'd like it even better.
    The only difference between a madman and myself is that I am not mad.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Knight Errant View Post
    General - Lord: Slann, Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Unfathomable Presence, Soul of Stone, Cupped Hands of Old Ones, Bane Head, BSB, Sun Standard of Chotec
    I would split the soul of stone and cupped hands. One for this guy, one for the other slann. And I don't really think you need the unfathomable presence. Just try to keep the points down a little.

Lord - Saurus Oldblood - Carnosaur, Blade of Realities, Enchanted Shield, lt. armor
    I prefer this guy on a cold one for the better armour save. Or kit him out differently for the carnosaur. Again, a way to limit the points spent on characters.

Lord - Slann - Focus of Mystery, Focused Rumination, Divine Plaque of Protection (does this apply to magic missiles too? technically their ranged attacks), Itxi grubs, dispel scroll, power stone
    The plaque will work against magic missiles I think. And a few other spells that work in a line. Others are debatable. As stated above, give this guy either the soul of stone or cupped hands. You can transfer some of his stuff to the other slann.

Skink Priest, Lvl 2, EotG, War Drums, Plaque of Tepok Excellent.
    Skink Chief, lt armor, shield, stegadon war spear, stegadon Good, though I am getting away from the spear. Just doesn't seem to get its points back.
    Skink Priest, lvl 2, dispel scroll, cloak of feathers Not a fan of the cloak.
    Scar-Vet, mirrored shield, sword of battle, lt armor Would rather have the maiming shield.
    Scar-Vet, great weapon, firefly venon, lt armor, shield Nice.

Temple Guard (14) for General, revered guardian w/ burning blade, standard w/ plaque of dominion Really like the plaque.

Temple Guard (14) for other Slann Maybe add a standard bearer here and move the plaque, just to split them up a bit.

Cold One Cav (6) for Carnosaur, champ, std, war banner I would lose one here.

Cold One Cav (6)

Kroxigor (3) Would rather have a unit of 4.

Salamander with extra handler

Saurus (17), spears, std(scar vet)
    Saurus (17), spears, (scar vet) Need some champs here to protect the vets.
    Skink Skirmishers (10)
    Skink Skirmishers (10)
    Skink Skirmishers (10)
    I would agree with dropping one of the saurus units. Get a unit of terradons, and some more skinks. I would probably drop one of the scar vets as well. They don't really do enough to justify there points.

You might try to work in another stegadon, especially if you drop the carnosaur.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice guys. As the army gets larger, I feel myself getting even more greedy on the lords! I think I may take two oldbloods (one on carno outfitted differently, and the other on a cold one with the same build) and then change the skink chief to another L2 priest on an engine. Since I'll only be running one Slann I can salvage another 300ish points from the 2nd TG unit and spread them around to the skinks and saurus, maybe include another unit of cold one cav. I don't own any terradons but after reading all the posts it appears they have some pretty good value. And I only have two stegs - which is fine for my normal games and since I won't be playing many 4500 pt games I don't think I can justify the expense.

I appreciate your input everyone, and will let everyone know how the game goes!

+ Reply to Thread