1000 pts Friendly Game - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pts Friendly Game

Hi guys - now I'm fooling around with smaller lists because we don't have as much time this weekend for games...

Skink Priest, L2, EotG, Plaque of Tepok, War Drums, BSB - 460pts
    Scar-Vet, Great Weapon, Lt Armor, Cold One, Firefly Venom, Glyph Necklace - 156 pts
    Saurus (16), spears, champ, standard (for scar vet) - 216 pts
    Salamander, extra handler - 80 points
    Skink Skirmishers (12) - 84 pts
    Total: 996 pts.

I know the priest is a point hog, but I planned on a stegadon anyway at this point level and figured what the heck. I have a terror causer, fear causing salamander, and the saurus will cause fear due to the cold one. That should help win some combat and discourage enemy charges, as I will likely be outnumbered. Should I drop the glyph necklace for the talisman of protection and swap the skirmishers for two units of 10 ranked skinks?

I like the idea of essentially a L3 wizard at this point level. Although, the lack of dispel scrolls may leave me vulnerable during his magic phase. Is the points worth it? I could go two scar vets and two scroll caddies basically to cast reroll spells. What do you think? Primary opponents will be WC and DE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

First off, a priest can't be a BSB. If you want one, you will have to give it to the scar vet. Being mounted, a great weapon only gives the vet a +1 strength. Maybe just get a spear. Switching out for 2 units of ranked skinks may be a good idea.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm quite right SirKently, thanks for pointing that out. That's what happens when you read the book too quick! I'll have to revise my list b/c I definately want to take advantage of the Ld 8 scar-vet as general. I appreciate your input.

+ Reply to Thread