2250 tourny list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

22 (x1)

2250 tourny list.

Following is my current 2250 list for tournament use. I've never been to a fantasy tourny so I'm not sure what I should bring. I've played this exact list against Empire, High Elves, Warriors of Chaos, and Tzeentch Daemons and Slaanesh Daemons and so far have done very well. Please let me know how you folks think this army would fare in a tournament.

Slann Mage-Priest (BS 485
    Cupped Hands of the Old Ones
    Dispel Scroll
    Bane Head
    Focused Rumination
    Unfathomable Presence
    Plaque of Dominion

21 Temple Guard FC 396

7 Chameleon Skinks 84

6 Chameleon Skinks 90

Skink Priest 140
    Cube of Darkness

10 Skink Skirmishers 80

Saurus Scar-Veteran 160
    Cold One
    Sword of Battle
    Maiming Shield

18 Saurus Warriors FC 246

Saurus Scar-Veteran 163
    Cold One
    Scimitar of the Sun Resplendent

18 Saurus Warriors FC 246

2 Salamanders 160
    Extra Handlers

The Skink priest runs with the skirmishers and the 2 scar vets ride with the saurus.

The idea is to use the chameleons, the salamanders and the magic to whittle down the enemy units before hitting them with my blocks of infantry. Ideally the enemy units that the saurus hit will have lost a rank or 2 by the time I get to them, giving my saurus the higher static combat res.

Usually I take the lore of metal with the mage priest for sniping BSBs and hitting heavy armor units.

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Seems like a nice solid block list. I think I would use blowpipes on the skinks. And I would find the points for another unit of them.

I don't think you need the extra handlers for the salamanders unless you split them into two units. The temple guard are a little large for my tastes, and do you really need the warbanner. I would give them the plaque from the slann, just in case.

Speaking of the slann, I would trade the unfathomable presence for the focus of mystery. You will fail to roll that one spell you want at inopportune times. Or you can drop some temple guard for both.

Good luck,
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread