Lizardmen 2000pts Any Ideas - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lizardmen 2000pts Any Ideas

Slann Mage Priest: The Focused Rumination, Soul of Stone, Plaque of Tepok, Army Battle Standard.

Skink Priest on Stegadon w/Engine of the Gods:
    Level 2 Wizard

Level 2 Wizard

12 Sauras Temple Guard

18 Sauras Warriors:
    Spears, Standard Bearer

18 Sauras Warriors:
    Spears, Standard Bearer

20 Skink Skermishers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Virusoffline View Post
    Slann Mage Priest: The Focused Rumination, Soul of Stone, Plaque of Tepok, Army Battle Standard.
    ^
    I don't remember too much about Slans so I am going to say that he's A-Ok.

Level 2 Wizard

Level 2 Wizard
    ^
    I wouldn't recommend two engines in a game unless its 3000 pts or more. I am even shaky about 1 engine with a slan in the same list.

I would recommend taking one engine out and just adding a scroll caddy.

12 Sauras Temple Guard
    ^Too small of a unit. They wouldn't last too long helping out their Slan master if they get charged. I would use the extra points to boost these dudes up to 20 or so and add champ and standard.

18 Sauras Warriors:
    Spears, Standard Bearer

18 Sauras Warriors:
    Spears, Standard Bearer
    ^
    These 2 units would perform better if they were at 20 and had a champ (you could possibly get this with the points from the engine that you would take out). But I don't think these are too bad.

20 Skink Skermishers
    ^I noticed before that skinks perform much better in units of 10, so I would break this unit up into two units of 10.

Overall I'd say that the list would probably not do too well by the lack of defense; both magic-wise and men-wise. I could see this army being broken into very easily because there is simply not enough men(or sauras) to keep the other army back and magic defense to keep the other army from casting.

However army-building is a learning experience so I would say play with this army first and if you do well then awesome. However If you do not do well, I'd recommend the changes I suggested and see what happens.

Good Luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just wrote a big long detailed answer... and then I refreshed my page and lost it all. *cough*newb*cough*

So... this one will be short:
    I run one EotG with a Slann and it works quite well for me. It's probably my playstyle but also might be the metagame. I use magic mostly for defense... trying to get Celestial Shields up when I can before concentrating on dealing damage with the magic.
    I use a Diadem of Power on the priest (with a scroll) and ALWAYS take the extra dice into the dispel phase. That usually allows me to keep up with the magic offense of any army I play against.
    20 temple guard is a good suggestion. So is 20 saurus in each unit.
    2 groups of 10 skinks is also a good suggestion. More versatile, assuming you're not specifically going for that +1 to go first!
    Overall, try it. There are probably countless ideas that people could conjure for a list like this. But it really depends on your playstyle and your metagame. Using two EotG seems like a bad idea to me. But it might work wonders for you. It might stampede across the table, blow everything up, and win all your games for you. If you're a beginner, you might not want to try that... but it could also be hilariously fun!

My guess is that you'll likely find a lot of other ways to use the points currently sunk into the second EotG. Depending on what your friends play most often, you could get more use out of some Kroxigors, or some Razordon/Sal, or even some flyers. Or even knock that EotG down to a regular stegadon or even an ancient and use the leftover points to fill in the weakness you felt with this first list. But, again, try it first. Nothing is a bad list until it keeps losing to the same set of friends over and over.
    Last edited by oneminushaus; November 6th, 2009 at 16:16. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Virusoffline View Post
    Nothing bad about this guy.

Skink Priest on Stegadon w/Engine of the Gods: Level 2 Wizard

Skink Priest on Stegadon w/Engine of the Gods: Level 2 Wizard
    Two engines may be a little rough, but if that is what your area plays, then it is good. I like wardrums on one of the engines. With eight dispel dice, you should do fine.

12 Sauras Temple Guard
    I would try to up the temple guard unit. Running six wide, you would want to start with at least 14. If you are going 5 wide, then 16 would be my minimum.

18 Sauras Warriors: Spears, Standard Bearer

18 Sauras Warriors: Spears, Standard Bearer
    I would drop one of the saurus units. Three big blocks that others can run around is just too many for me. Use the points for the extra temple guard, and get some more units. Terradons, salamanders, more skinks, are all good options.

20 Skink Skermishers
    I would split these guys into two units as well.
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any Better?

Slann Mage Priest:
    The Focused Rumination, Soul of Stone, Plaque of Tepok, Bane Head, Army Battle Standard.

Level 2 Wizard

Level 2 Wizard

18 Sauras Warriors:
    Spears, Standard Bearer

11 Skink Skermishers

11 Skink Skermishers

14 Sauras Temple Guard

6 Terradons

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would go and use the first list, but dropping at least one EOTG. It will free enough points to get some upgrades and utility units.

The priests on the Stegadons can be targets to snipers and challenges. Too unrealiable for their costs to be honest. They only need a fast moving Goblin Hero or Skink! and they are gone.
    I'm not even talking about flying monsters or mounted hero here...

+ Reply to Thread